92fs inox

Discussion in 'Beretta Forum' started by egbert315, Apr 24, 2013.

1. egbert315

egbert315 New Member

I need some help. I recently bought a 92fs inox I'm making it all stainless looking but I notice that some parts says stainless some inox and some billennium. I just don't want to end up with different types of finish on it. Any help will appreciate

2. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Dude... I put out a post a week ago on an INIOX and its like the dead who's walking around and doesnt know he's dead yet .. I got no replies. Not one. Good Luck!

3. egbert315

egbert315 New Member

Hopefully I get some info between the inox and billennium. Or any suggestions

4. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

JonM would be one to ask I believe.

5. egbert315

egbert315 New Member

Okay thanks ill give it a shot and see

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

Billenium is berettas spray finish that mimics stainless. Its what berreta uses to sorta match the gun finish. Its used on parts that arent stainless steel to mimic the color pattern. Some people can discern the difference in color others cant. Just depends on how well you see different shades.

Stainless steel isnt a finish its the bare base metal buffed/blasted to various looks. Unless a part is made from the same metal as the rest of the gun finished the same way there is going to be very subtle differences in color regardless

I would suggest buying one cheap small part see how well it matches then get the rest.

7. egbert315

egbert315 New Member

Okay thanks. That's a great idea. I'll order some today. I really appreciate the help

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

I believe berreta offers inox factory parts off their site. If im not mistaken.

9. egbert315

egbert315 New Member

Yes I saw they do have them but they only carry a few parts.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

might try midway then if you can stand the really aweful search feature brownells ( inever can find a damn thing on brownell's aweful store site)

11. egbert315

egbert315 New Member

Yea I tried brownells it's difficult to find anything and the ones I found most of them didn't have any pictures which makes it a lot harder

12. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

I'm not sure I agree with this and I think you meant Inox where you said Billenium. The Billenium was a commemortive model 92FS built in 2001 to celebrate the 21st century. It is a stainless steel highly polished gun where only 2000 were made and only 1000 were shipped to the states. The Inox (inox being short for the Italian word for stainledd i believe) ihas been in mfg for a long time and is still made today. Attached is a picture of a Billenium for comparison.

[​IMG]

13. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

And here is a picture of a bruniton (blued) 92FS that I replaced the controls with Inox controls.

[​IMG]

14. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Where did you buy your INOX? Did you buy it at your LGS?

15. egbert315

egbert315 New Member

Yes I got it local. Here's a picture of how it is as of now

image-1304385087.jpg

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  16. egbert315

egbert315 New Member

Where were you able to find the inox controls for yours?

17. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

I found them on another forums classified section. Give the beretta forum a look. They have a good classified section and see these come up for sale from time to time. Beretta's are guns that lend themselves to customization so there are a lot of guys who like to tinker. They often have parts the have left over or have older guns they part out to pleole like you and me who have a specific interest.

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

billenium is a color code type thing beretta uses on certain finishing colors with the billenium edition pistol being the first one they used it on hence the name.

19. egbert315

egbert315 New Member

Does anyone know if the controls from a 92fs fits on a 92fs compact?

20. JonM

JonM Moderator

Most parts are excepting the grips shorty mags recoil springs and guide rods. The slide assemblies will swap from frame to frame just fine.

Not a complete list since some internal frame parts are sized differently such as mainsprings and anything affected by the grip length