92fs grips

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Korey, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Korey

Korey New Member

so I will probably be flamed to hell and back for this but...

will airsoft grips hold up to the recoil of a 9mm? I can't find grips like this in anything but air soft
    [​IMG]

2. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

No way to know. If it was a soft material, I'd say yes. But a hard surface grip - try it and see. Are you sure that the screw holes will line up?

3. Korey

Korey New Member

not sure, I haven't had the balls to spend 120 on an air soft gun to get the grips.
    I find some one to make real ivory grips with an inset jolly roger I'd much rather have real ones.

4. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

Why wouldn't the grips hold up? As long as they are snug, there shouldn't be much movement in them to warrant any damage. My 2 pennies...

5. group17

group17 New Member

Would be nice to see a photo of what grips your talking about.

6. Korey

Korey New Member

which is why I posted a picture of them :confused:
    vibration causing cracks is what I was worried about

7. group17

group17 New Member

Sorry not showing up and I'm logged in.

8. Korey

Korey New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    either of those show up? also the ones I'd be getting don't look as crappy as the top 2 but same style

9. jismail

jismail Member

I would be very surprised if they fit correctly on a real 92fs. I'm sure the Airsoft is not a precise copy of a real 92fs and being such, did not have to account for precise measurments for the mag release, slide release, ect....

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  10. group17

group17 New Member

Nice thanks!

You might want to go through a supplier like pyramydair .com or the manufacturer to see if you can get just the grips.

11. Korey

Korey New Member

I'll try that, I was just going to throw the 92 grips on it and give it to my brother lol
    the high end airsofts are very close, but being exact I am not sure. I don't play with bb guns I wanna shoot something I use a real gun, I just want the grips