92% support universal background checks?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JWagner, Jul 3, 2014.

1. JWagner

JWagner New Member

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

More lies by the anti gun people. They believe if you keep telling the same lie over and over people will start to believe it. They probably had to scrape to find 100 Democrats that would admit to owning a gun.

3. 25-5

25-5 New Member

The poll was done with 100 of their friends. But, 8 didn't understand the question.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  4. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey, I am a Democrat and I bet I own more guns than 9 out of 10 on posters on this forum. Nearly all of my Democrat friends own at least one. Get your head out of the sand.

Why is it that everyone who disagrees with you has to be a liar. Can no honest man disagree with you? Do you think that you have a monopoly on the truth?

5. widowmaker

widowmaker New Member

It's a proven fact that 87% of statistics are made up. :rolleyes:

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

No proof they were gun owners.

No offense and none taken

7. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

You're a democrat?!?! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm so sorry :p ;)

8. mseric

mseric New Member

Of course not, but Obama and the Democrats do have a Monopoly on lies, deceit, manipulation of the truth and violations to the Constitution.

Liberals and Supporters of the Second, an Oxymoron if there ever was one.

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

That is the problem with polls.

Do a poll in an area where the sentiment is one way, forget that there are areas that go opposite of the poll, and claim 100% in favor.

Go to a ski resort in the middle of winter with a poll to ban snow, and you get 100% against.

10. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Funny you should mention that, as a skier, I can tell you about 30% of those at that resort wish the snow would go away even if it makes no sense! The owners and their professional staff wish for the end of the snow once the paying tickets dwindle and only a few dedicated pass holders are coming. Dont forget about those moping in the ski chalet that really dont enjoy skiing like their parents would like them too (who forced them to come for the free lessons, both of my sisters about 50 years ago). Lots of the worker bees actually are kids that dont want to work but are forced to by their parents. I say this cause thats exactly how polls like this get traction even when they are wrong. They ask the skiers out on the slope obviously enjoying themselves and 100% of them want more snow. You could easily get the same reaction if you polled members of specific hunting clubs even if they dont really speak for anywhere near 100% of those who exercise their 2A rights.

100% of Gun-owners were not surveyed obviously, my guess is <1% were and they were from very targeted audiences. That poll is as screwed as my deck! I dont think Ive ever been in the 8% bracket on any poll in my life, Im pretty sure thats not the case here as well.

I absolutely dont believe Mandatory BCG's are Constitutional even if they did work and its proven that they dont. As a citizen of this Nation, I dont need to prove to anyone Im not a risk to myself or others to exercise my BOR's. Thats just not in the Constitution and only a fool would read that into it FOOG. Whats even more Phucked up is the list of those banned from their Rights is not a public document that all can see and refute if its BS.

Using the same logic with other statistically significant things used to kill and maim, how is it we feel any better about loonies getting permission to drive a car, buy a set of steak knives or pilot a boat than own a gun? Really, cars kill/ injure more people in this country in one day than guns do in 365! We are suckers for sure, they are playing on our heart strings like the pros they are and were memorized by their incite-fullness like deer in the headlights!

Is there really any subject that 92% of any actual survey group in America would agree on? I cant imagine that...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  11. mseric

mseric New Member

Run a poll on banning Di-hydrogen Monoxide (DHMO).

You will find that over 80% of Americans would approve of a Government ban on DHMO.

Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
    Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
    Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
    DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
    Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
    Contributes to soil erosion.
    Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
    Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
    Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
    Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
    Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.
    Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere, and in hurricanes including deadly storms in Florida, New Orleans and other areas of the southeastern U.S.
    Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect.

A recent stunning revelation is that in every single instance of violence in our country's schools, including infamous shootings in high schools in Denver and Arkansas, Dihydrogen Monoxide was involved. In fact, DHMO is often very available to students of all ages within the assumed safe confines of school buildings. None of the school administrators with which we spoke could say for certain how much of the substance is in use within their very hallways.

What say you, ban it?

12. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Lets ne realistic universal background checks are a states rights issue. The federal government has no business in the UBC debate.

The way Obama got his magnificent poll results is by using his mailing list to encourage hoplophobic people to participate in his poll. I am on Obama's mailing list so I can see what the sneaky bastard is up too.

I am wondering if Obama and Holder are trying to start another civil war. What is popular in Chicago is not popular all over the USA.

13. Chainfire

Yea, Democrat of the "yellow dog" sect. My family hasn't gotten over the Republicans electing Lincoln yet. It's a genetic thing. Maybe another fifty generations or so, we will consider it. (but I hope not) :)

14. Chainfire

I will agree that any poll that reports results in the 90% range was probably not a scientific poll. The results reek of push-poll, which is a untruth by another name.

Even with that, I have to have a background check for everything I buy commercially, with the exception of C&R eligible weapons. I would prefer that some of the gang-bangers that I see at gun shows, seeking private sells, with hands-full of rolls of 100 dollar bills would not be able to by Bubba's "9" without some oversight. It does no further damage to my rights and might do some good.

I will say this though: If you, as a gunowner, were asked, "If you have to undergo back-ground checks for your gun purchases, do you think others should have to as well?" you might get a very high return of "yeses." That is the magic of a push-poll. It is a literal truth, but a moral lie.

15. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

And you people actually believe this is an actual poll result?

Clearly a marketing campaign to push forward an agenda and you're arguing over the validity of the poll?

We're being bamboozled.

16. mseric

mseric New Member

Wait now, did you not read post #4, Democrats do not lie?

Hey, I am a Democrat and I bet I own more guns than 9 out of 10 on posters on this forum. Nearly all of my Democrat friends own at least one. Get your head out of the sand.

Why is it that everyone who disagrees with you has to be a liar. Can no honest man disagree with you? Do you think that you have a monopoly on the truth?

17. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

thats funny because its already law that any transaction at a gun show, including private sales must have a BGC... soooo....

18. Chainfire

Unlike some, I call bullshirt where I see it. I know that there are liars on both ends of the political spectrum. I will never tow the party line because it is the "party line." (see my signature)

19. mseric

mseric New Member

\
    Now you contradict yourself.

You said, "I am a Democrat", now you say otherwise?

20. Chainfire

Read more carefully, there is no contradiction. I am a Democrat. I just don't believe everything that comes from Democrat propaganda, just as conservatives should not believe everything that comes from the conservative press. There are liars, demigods, idiots and zealots on both sides. I give all of the political stories I read the sniff test; if it reeks of bullshirt, I call it bullshirt. Both conservative and liberal bullshirt smells exactly the same to me.

It is not really a difficult concept.