I have been searching for a way to make the safety on my 91/30 a little more user friendly. I tore the bolt down and cleaned it Safariland CLP like I usually do. Then I degreased the entire assembly. I lubricated the bolt with CRC spray on white lithium grease. Assembled the bolt. Then slid the bolt in the receiver. I did nothing more or less. I can actually get the safety to work as Mosin or Nagant intended for the safety to work. I have had this rifle for three years. The safety has always been inoperable. I never hunted with a round in the pipe when I used that rifle. I can now use the safety. On the can of spray on grease it says for heavy lubrication. The 91/30 safety is definitely heavy to turn. I do not know if I am on to something but we shall see in the next six weeks. The 91/30 is shooting very good. I am ready to try the 91/30 on a mature 3 year old buck.