90 yo man who was shot by burglar, also now sued by burglar

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Overkill0084, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I don't even know where to begin:

http://www.marinij.com/rosskentfiel...ndant-sues-90-year-old-man?source=most_viewed

"My victim shot me!" seems like an odd thing to sue for when the criminal trial is still underway.
    The only negligence I see: This douche is still wasting oxygen.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  2. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

What kind of scumbag lawyer would represent this whacko. Too bad the old man didn't kill him outright.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Exactly this.

I am amazed at how stupid some people can be. I have also heard of lawsuits like this where the criminal actually won.

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Another example of our screwed up justice system. Any judge in his right mind would dismiss the suit. The victim should include the lawyer in the counter suit.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Agreed.

And the lawyer should be put on trial before his peers for a review of his continued "licensed" work.

These types of guys are the ones that need to be sued into the poor house, or under it, for taking up valuable court time and putting countless people through more stress than most can handle. :mad:

6. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

You're absolutely right, that bum of a lawyer ought to be just as accountable as the perp. There would be a lot less of these frivolous lawsuits if the attorneys had to go to jail along with their clients. It's always win/win for attorneys even if they lose the case.

7. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Utterly disgusting. Too bad the old man did not kill the MF'er. The "lawyer" needs to rot right along side his client, and any judge that does not dismiss this case needs to be barred from the bench.

8. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

that is just INSANE.....i just pooped, peed and puked all over my clothes, who can i sue? levi?

9. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

Both the POS scumbag and the attorney need to have the everlovin F@CK beaten out of them then shot and sh!t on! That is the only justice that is appropriate. End of story. Yeah, kind of harsh..but well deserved. No further comment.

10. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

Shoot to kill

11. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

Poetic justice in this case would be the judge in his criminal case hearing about his civil case and giving him two life sentences instead of one. To be served back to back...

12. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

any lawyer with a bar ticket!

13. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

Better option, hang the SOB!

14. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

these types of lawsuits even happened in Texas, before the passing of our Castle Law. many times in the past i read articles that a homeowner was sued by the criminal or his family for defending his life or property.

hopefully the gentleman will counter-sue the criminal and win.

15. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I can't believe this stuff. This should have been thrown out of court. Why do people even waste paper on the bs lawsuits? :confused:

16. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

AH,
    The legal system at work.

17. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

The article has one thing right- "Cutrufelli and his CRIMINAL defense attorney".

18. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

I just wish that the Old Man's aim had been better! :D

Having said that, what kind of Bad Guy lets his victim go to the bathroom?
    I think that I will start putting guns in my bathrooms now. :rolleyes:

Well let us all hope that the Bad Guy has not had a chance to reproduce. :eek:

19. PC167

PC167 New Member

Not surprised!