8th grader arrested for gun t-shirt

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Jagermeister, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

2. jbardellini

jbardellini New Member

This madness has gone to far . Thanks for sharing.

3. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

This is happening at far too many public schools.

The best way to fight it is by filing a lawsuit every time it happens. Hit them in the pocket book!

4. 1911love

1911love New Member

His rights were completely violated. This is a national issue that should be addressed at the highest level. Why is brainwashing children to disregard the constitution so accepted nowadays?

They already violated his 1A and 2A rights. Why not violate his 3A rights and quarter a platoon in his home and score a trifecta.

5. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I see nothing wrong with the shirt, but I'd be curious what type of "argument" the student had with the teacher. A teacher really can't call the police unless a threat was made against the teacher. Regardless, shirt would be fine in my classroom.....

6. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Yeah, I saw this on a news site. If the parents contact the NRA I'm sure that they will help out on any law suit. They have before in similar situations.

7. firemonkey150

firemonkey150 New Member

God I'd love to be that kids Lawyer. $$$$$$$$$$$hh

8. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

I've been seeing a lot of this. Kids in 4th grade being taught that the second amendment doesn't give civilians the right to bear arms. Being arrested for a shirt? Arrested? Really. WTF is happening to our country.

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Do I hear a national gun shirt day coming?

10. bowhunter17

bowhunter17 New Member

Best idea ever.

11. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

The story says he was arrested after getting into a dispute with his teacher. The story is incomplete.

12. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Do you guys really think that this kid was arrested for wearing a shirt???

13. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Of course the story is incomplete.....I had a student a few years back who had a prostitute for a mother and this girl was a b$&@h on wheels. She harassed and bullied boys and girls and started a TON of fights. Once she got to the HS, kids had enough of her crap and somebody beat her a$$. Wouldn't ya know it, she turned up on the news with a cut on her face and her Mom pretending to be this upstanding lady and they were saying how her daughter was bullied and the school did nothing about it.....Watching that news story made me sick after watching her put other students through hell. The news spins things for sure. Nothing came out of it as she didn't have a leg to stand on, just as nothing will come of this. I just love how people believe everything they see in print. I don't know the full story either, but I sure know that people don't get arrested for simply wearing a t-shirt....

14. readygirl

readygirl New Member

Last fall a co-workers 14yr old was made to wear his call of duty shirt inside out all day because it had a picture of a gun on it. But i guess its to be expected, we let the lefties run our public schools. I have always wondered why liberals seem to be drawn to work in education, at all levels, 10 to 1 over conservatives........? Anybody know....?

15. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I have always wondered why people take to many professions, but I tend not to judge. You should understand what it's like to have assumptions made about a previous profession. It's not wise to lump people into a group.....

16. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member

I think that is a great idea. :)

In my high school the dress code actually said, no clothing that promotes violence, gangs, pictures of weapons, blah, blah blah, but I also had teachers who we talked to about hunting and shooting, hell in some places in Utah deer hunting season is a freaking holiday, and I had teachers who carried. Actually, Utah Shooting Sports had an event not to long ago to help teachers in Utah get CCWs, they filled the Maverick Center.... My teachers at the school I go to now would be severely offended if you called them liberals...

17. readygirl

readygirl New Member

If you are referring to the pm conversation we had, about the 2 1/2 yrs that i worked in strip clubs, while attending UC. Most of the stereotypes about strippers are true. I did not fit most of them, just as i assume you are not a liberal nut job, although most teachers/school admins are.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  18. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Being that I am surrounded with teachers/admin all day, I see things differently. My Principal is a hugely conservative and Christian man. He and I talk about guns all the time. Only a few teachers (shaking my head) voted for Obama. The majority voted Republican. This is my reality that I see on a regular basis. The other two Principals that I have worked for were conservative Republicans as well. That's what I know and what I see. And I would not have brought up something from a PM that you had not already mentioned in open forum.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  19. RichNH

RichNH New Member Supporter

At the end of the article it says he is facing charges of "obstruction and disturbing the education process." First WTF does that mean? It sounds like the kind of catch-all charge used to harass those who oppose authorities (like Disturbing the Peace, or Public Nuisance). Lacking any further details, my guess would be it means the teacher ordered him to take off the shirt and he refused (then probably refused to leave the class). It certainly doesn't sound like he threatened anyone otherwise the charge would have been more serious.

Now, if this is what happened, then after registering his protest he should have simply given in and then had his parents follow up afterwards. But this idea that the way we deal with unruly kids is to have them arrested is just over the top.

Of course the teacher could have handled it in a way that didn't end up in a showdown that "disturbed the educational process". But he/she undoubtedly is a little martinet anti-gun zealot who has let a little authority go to his/her head.

20. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i am kind of on the fence about this until more information is made available.

personally i don't see the shirt he wore to be in violation of their school dress code.

now if he was arrested for the fact of the shirt, then i have a huge issue with that and totally disagree with them doing such a thing.

the matter of the dispute is what really concerns me though. did it lead to a heated argument and threats made? this part is the what i need more information about. if he acted out and got confrontational with the teacher about the shirt, then he may have handled it wrong. better position if this did happen would have been to suck it up, tell mom and dad and let them get a lawyer and sue the school district.