Firearms Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since ammo is expensive, I have been target shooting with my Mauser every day (I try to shoot everyday, but I usually shoot with a .22). Today, I had my first FTF in the 250+ rounds I have fired through it. I have had some hang-fires (about half a second), before. I have read on other forums, about old yugo ammo exploding, but I shoot surplus Egyptian and Belgian ammo. Anyone have any problems?

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
I have not seen Egyptian ammo in 20 years. I saved 1 round years ago. Are you sure it is Egyptian??

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jpattersonnh said:
I have not seen Egyptian ammo in 20 years. I saved 1 round years ago. Are you sure it is Egyptian??
I think... Hang on
Correction, it's Romanian, from 1978.
I did have some Egyptian, though

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Both steel case Romanian and FN, or is it FNM are VG ammo. FNM is Portugeuse. The best.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jpattersonnh said:
Both steel case Romanian and FN, or is it FNM are VG ammo. FNM is Portugeuse. The best.
These are brass Romanians. I have some Belgian ammo as well. I just shot the last of my Egyptian ammo a couple days ago. Super corrosive stuff

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
These are brass Romanians. I have some Belgian ammo as well. I just shot the last of my Egyptian ammo a couple days ago. Super corrosive stuff
Romania never made brass case. CMC was an older Romanian code, These are the others.
322 Unknown Factory, Romania 13
323 Unknown Factory, Romania 13
324 Unknown Factory, Romania 13
325 Unknown Factory, Romania 13

All were steel case.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jpattersonnh said:
Romania never made brass case. CMC was an older Romanian code, These are the others.
322 Unknown Factory, Romania 13
323 Unknown Factory, Romania 13
324 Unknown Factory, Romania 13
325 Unknown Factory, Romania 13

All were steel case.
Must be reloaded then. That would explain the loading info in the box

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jpattersonnh said:
Bud, You can't reload steel either. Post a pic of the headstamps, that would help.
Hey wait a sec. I'm lookin through these, and I'm findin three different headstamps! I'll post all the ones I can find

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
1st pick in the group is Prve Partizan, P135 is original German, The last one does indeed look like Egyptian. The 04, 60 is 1960 made East German

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
NNY is Cyrillic for PPU - Yugo Prvi-Partisan

P315 is German (Potsdam)

The one that looks like PS (not the best pic) could be Czech.

Still working on the other

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
The last is indeed Egyptian (Misr)

Made between 1952 and 1958

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
303tom said:
Only to you................
Alright!
I do have a box of FN "steel" 8mm cartridges. They are nickel-copper alloy jacketed, with a steel core. Every collector I show them to at gun shows have never seen them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts