8mm Mauser Match Loads?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by sharpshooter5647, Nov 26, 2011.

1. sharpshooter5647

sharpshooter5647 New Member

Hey guys, about to start reloading and I'm looking for some load info for the 8mm Mauser

2. cottontop

cottontop Guest

You can google it and find lots of data. Or, you can go to some of the powder and/or bullet mfg companies' web sites and find data there also.
    cottontop

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2011

3. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

Im also getting ready to reload 8mm mauser. silly question but do you have a reloading manual yet. Me personally I wouldnt ask people in gun forums for load data. Tips and opinions are okay but load data no. Only data I depend on comes out of my reloading manual, my target and my chronograph.:)

4. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I've been loading 8x57 longer then any cartridge. I still try new loads all the time. 1st off. What is the rifle? What is fine for one can be an issue for another model.

Edit: always start w/ low load data, even w/ a new lot of the powder you have been using.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  5. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

Very good tip. I have found the European Mausers generally prefer bullets in the 190-200 grain range (issue ammo used 196 grain), while the Turkish rifles used a load with a 150-something grain bullet at higher velocities. Using one load in the other rifle will show different POI. So I handload accordingly, depending onthe rifle.
    Plenty of data out there. I'd check the bullet and powder manufacturer's data sites first if you don't have the manuals. I like to cross-check at least three sources, to make sure they all agree fairly closely - any load that differs greatly from the others, I avoid. Mistakes DO get published from time to time.