870 Shotgun worth?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Shooter89, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Shooter89

Shooter89 New Member

can anyone tell me how much i could get for a used 20 gauge Remington 870 Express Magnum Youth shotgun? it's about 12 years old, wood stock, almost looks new, i don't even think 100 rounds were fired (maybe 50-100). everything works, cleaned after every use.

i have no idea how much it'll be worth and don't want to be ripped off. if you can help that'll be great.

2. bkt

bkt New Member

In the neighborhood of $300 or even a little more. If it functions well and there are no serious cosmetic issues, don't go less than $275, and that's if you're desperate to sell it. You can probably go (well?) over $300 if you're willing to wait for a buyer.

Do you have other barrels for it? Any ammo thrown into the deal? That would jack up the price.

3. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

4. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

With rebates I bought my son's 870 last year for $279 plus tax. I personally wouldn't pay more than new for a used one unless it had exceptional wood. The 870s don't come with anything approaching exceptional wood so I would say no more than $250.

5. Shooter89

Shooter89 New Member

alright thanks. i'll just be selling the shotgun with a butt ammo pouch.

6. rustycrusty

rustycrusty New Member

Is it a Wingmaster? If so that will increase the $ over an express. Screw in chokes? extra barrels adds $

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

depends on the wood and finish. is it the higher grade wood and blued finish or the cheaper wood and the matte finish? this could be a big factor in pricing. Wal-Mart here sells the 12ga 870 pump for $287+ tax, but that is the express model with the cheaper wood and matte finish.

8. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Its an express, which means parkerized finish.

Used- $175-$240 depending on condition obviously.