870 Express

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by thedonald, Apr 9, 2007.

1. thedonald

thedonald New Member

Why does everyone and their Mother have a 870 Express?

I've shot plenty and don't see why they are so popular, is it just cost?

2. Drake

Drake New Member

The cost is part of it. They also have a wide assortment of cheap add-ons and modifications available, and are known for their reliability.

Have you ever heard of Wilson Combat (Wilsoncombat.com)? They make extermely high-end guns, and for their scatterguns they use the 870 as the base for all their modifications.

Basically:
    Reliable
    Cheap
    Lots of after-market accessories
    easily broken down and cleaned, great starter gun.

3. UnBound

UnBound New Member

'Cause every kid knocks down his first feathered fowl with an 870. Tradition is a big part I think. The gun you start off with as a kid holds mythical status in my opinion. I still whip out the ol' 870 from time to time although it is no longer my primary hunter. However on those cold, damp, duck huntin' mornings I don't worry about my 870 gettin' a little nasty either.

4. a1huntingsupply

a1huntingsupply New Member

I still have my first Remington 870, it's a 12ga Wingmaster. Only shoots 2 3/4" shells.

5. UnBound

UnBound New Member

Yup, I have the same gun. I must have picked up several thousand hulls over the past 2 decades out of that gun. She still gets the job done. I really should treat her better, but I use her and put her away wet and don't see her til the next time I feel like getting dirty. 100% trustworthy.

6. BrassMonkey

BrassMonkey New Member Supporter

Because their cheap, reliable, and will last a liftetime.

7. Brent L

Brent L New Member

Donald. When are you buying yours?