85 Yes and 30 no on concealed carry vote...

Discussion in 'Illinois Gun Forum' started by CGS, May 24, 2013.

1. CGS

CGS New Member

85 yes and 30 no on SB 2193 in house.

Attached Files:

2. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Sweet... but is that a "veto" proof margin in Illinois? What's the likelihood of this passing?

Tack

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

It's a pretty crappy bill, but it's probably the best you'll get in Illinois. If both the house and senate were able to pass it, Quinn will probably sign it.

4. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I've not read the bill. Do you know if its "Shall Issue" or does it allow for LEO discretion and require proof of need like CA's useless CCW law?

Tack

5. CGS

CGS New Member

71 was veto proof, so we passed by a wide margin. Off to the Senate perhaps as early as Tuesday. Cullerton, the Senate leader, said he doesn't want the bill. Governor Quinn said he will work with the senate to block the bill and will veto the bill if it passes. So we need a super majority in the senate as well.

6. CGS

CGS New Member

It is both.

It is shall issue unless a law enforcement "with cause" disputes the application. However you do not need to prove why you need the permit.

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

That bill is crap , As a Illinois resident I do not want it . Its to limited on where you can and cant carry , 16 hrs of training is ridiculous . 3 hrs of training for a renewal , $300 for a 5 year permit and $150 renewal . Background checks that are already done in the FOID process , why would they need done again. This bill will keep the average person from ccw . Single moms and elderly on fixed income wont likely be able to afford it or the 16 hr training alone . I dont see any reciprocity in the bill for current ccw licensed people .
    Crap, crap, crap !!!!!!!!!! Dont just say well atleast we have something , we deserve a better program

8. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I agree... It looks like an awful bad sandwich... But... We are talking about the LIBTARD Capitol of Planet Earth...

...and you know what they say about begars... And chooser's...

Is it better to get this now... and something better later? Or nothing now and probably nothing later?

Oh... Hold on... Is it Illionois that "per the court" must pass a CCW bill... Or else?

Tack

9. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Yeah, its kinda crappy. But like Tac said, its sure better than nothing. At least its a start.

10. CGS

CGS New Member

We do deserve better, but we could have gotten ALOT worse. I remained neutral on this bill. Man, I didn't want THIS bill, the people who negotiated the bill (plus nemuerous previous bills) were very adamant about the fact this it very very likely would never go to the "cliff". The fact that the NRA, and ISRA, and IllinoisCarry and Todd V remained neutral speaks volumes.

I'm willing to accept this bill in the short term, and no doubt IllinoisCarry and ISRA will continues over the next few years to work at improving this bill. We can go on the offensive and constantly introduce amendments to improve the bill.

I half did and half didn't want this bill to pass. I did not file a witness slip on this bill for the first time since I have been following the issue. But now that CC is "half way there" as Brandon Phelps said, I have decided just to accept it and make the best of it and work towards improving it however I can.

I look at it like this, we won a major victory, but experienced heavy casualties in doing so. In short, the war to protect our gun rights isn't over, and never will be.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  11. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

Madigan as much as told the NRA and the ISRA, he wanted this bill to pass, and that meant they had to get their asses out of the room. There are pols in Illinois that will oppose anything with pro gun lobby fingerprints on it, and as it is, they are still smelling them and they don't like it. The House will be back in session Sunday afternoon. Until then there is a whole lot of backroom knuckling by Madigan goons with the other guys necktie twisted in their hand.

12. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

Shall issue

Statewide pre-emption of all gun laws

Commercially available training

Vehicles will be a safe haven

However, the bill does call for:

16 hours of training, although some previous training will count toward those hours

$150.00 license fee, for five years

Carry on mass transportation prohibited

Those are the details from the isra