7mm Weatherby Mag bolt replacement?

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by aem, Oct 5, 2008.

1. aem

aem Guest

New to the site, hope someone can help refresh my memory? I have the bolt out of action. Bolt won't go back in. Trigger is pulled but the safety won't clear the scope, firing pin must not be set. How can I set pin with bolt out of gun?
    Thanks
    Allen

2. h2oking

h2oking New Member

Allen it sounds to me like when you took the bolt out of the gun you somehow uncocked the bolt. When you lift the bolt when it is in the action you actually cock it while lifting. Perhaps when trying to put it back in or if you were cleaning it it doesn't take much to uncock it. Re-cocking it is a little more difficult. Get two towels (NO PLIERS) and grasp the bolt with one hand and twist the cocking piece to the right. until it locks in place. If and only if you can't twist enough by hand take the same towel and rap it around the cocking piece and place it in a vice with two pieces wood over the jaw, then you can use the bolt handle to cock the bolt. The reason I say towel and not rag it that a towel protects your hand from any sharp edges and the the cocking piece should you have to go the vice rout. Please let us know if that helped.

Ron

3. aem

aem Guest

Ron, I'm back in business! Thank you for your help. Now I know what to do if this happens again. Once again THANKS!