7mm mouser

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by 03grunt, Feb 6, 2012.

1. 03grunt

03grunt New Member

I have a 7mm mouser that the trigger pull is ridiculous how can I fix it?

2. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Get a Cat ;). It is Mauser. It has a 2 stage trigger. They are known for long trigger pull, not hard.

3. 03grunt

03grunt New Member

I don't think it has a 2 stage trigger I'm not a gunsmith just got that likes guns I am looking on going to school for gunsmithing can you help

4. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

You should be able to do a search on Google and find out everything there is to know about that particular model.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Military rifles are made with a very long trigger pull, and are not known as crisp target triggers. For a start, do NOT go digging out a file (or worse, a Dremel) with thoughts of "filing stuff down". Great way to ruin a rifle.

DO strip the action, use a toothbrush and solvent, and scrub the trigger group well. Not uncommon to find these rather gunked up with powder, dry crusty lube, and somebody's peanut butter sandwich. After getting it clean, lube LIGHTLY.

Assuming nothing is broken or worn beyond limits, if the cleaning did not make it good enuff, your choices are limited to (a) learn to live with it, and (b) find a smith that can install an after-market trigger.

6. jpattersonnh

Good advise! I have found some very strange stuff in trigger groups of Surplus rifles.
    I like Military 2 stage triggers. Unless you know what you are feeling as you pull the trigger, it is hard to explain.

7. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

After all the good advise above and you still think you need for a better trigger go over to Timneys triggers and read the instructions carefully. Great triggers for sure and cost is very low . just size it up well first.

8. 03grunt

03grunt New Member

When I dry fire it its fine but when I put ammo in it that is when it gives me trouble. Could it be the ammo?

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

In general, no- unless you have some mechanical problem, or you are trying to feed it the wrong ammo. What are you using?

10. jpattersonnh

Are you feeding from the mag?

11. 03grunt

03grunt New Member

The ammo I am useing is 7mm mauser 140 grain

12. 03grunt

03grunt New Member

An I am feeding from mag

13. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Sounds like an old well use mauser?? Not a modern rifle. Get some heavy lub to aply to the lugs. They rub under some force when chambering a round. You can see the wear marks on it. You might polish the wear areas just enought smooth and bures on them but try some heavy lube like pro-gold on them and a oil like breakfree clp on the parts of the bolt that rotates to cock the fireing pin. Some old well used and abused bolt rifles just are not smooth any more and have been run dry to long.