795 scope

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by purplexj, Nov 27, 2012.

1. purplexj

purplexj New Member

So I'm fairly new to the rifle world, thus I have pretty much no knowledge on the subject. I've got a new Marlin 795 that I love shooting but I want to get a scope for it. I know I need a set of rings to hold the scope, but after that I'm pretty much done for. My goals with the rifle are pretty much to be accurate out to maybe 50yds or take a rabbit or squirrel without issue. I guess what I'm asking for is someone to send me direct links to a scope and mount for my 795, I really want to stay around $50. I know walmart has scopes but I would like a little input otherwise. Thanks.

2. mrt8110

mrt8110 New Member

I may be wrong, but that receiver is already grooved for a scope...!

3. purplexj

purplexj New Member

You're correct, that's why I need rings. I guess I miscommunicated.

4. robertb6112

robertb6112 New Member

I just recently got a 795 also and went to Walmart and bought a cheap tasco. And it came with the mounts. I paid $18. For scope and the mounts. And I sighted it in at 50 yards.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

6. purplexj

purplexj New Member

I like the OD green on your rifle. I think I'm gonna buy a cheap one from wally world and see what happens.

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

8. purplexj

purplexj New Member

Ah, looks green in that pic, but I see the tan in your thread. I bought the $7 tasco from walmart and put it on, will find out how it does tomorrow.