76-year-old woman dies in shootout with gang of three

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by John_Deer, Dec 1, 2013.

1. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

A 76-year-old woman was killed in a shootout as a gang tried to rob her outside her South Carolina home in the early hours of Saturday.

If she had not opened fire the robbers would have gotten away. She was robbed in 2011. In turn, she got a gun and learned to use it. It's a shame she couldn't have found cover. She did not deserve to die in her yard. Your home is supposed to be a haven of safety, not a place to be ambushed by thieves.

I hope everyone can find a moment to pray for Dot and her family.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gang-tried-rob-bingo-money.html#ixzz2mFQi9L8x

2. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

Why am I not suprised.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

But she went down shooting. Awesome. Too bad she didn't win that fight. Let her act be a lesson to those thugs.

4. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

Sure do wish the dead part would have been the other way around. Scum, just plain scum, at least they got caught and one has a hell of a belly ache.

5. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Maybe starting to shoot is not always the best idea. Money is no good to you if you are dead.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

the female of the three would prolly have held her down as the other two youths just getting their lives turned around raped her to death in her own home. at least she fought back instead of being a willing victim

7. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Manta we are Americans. Backing down is not in our nature. Sometimes we take chances with our lives, because it is the right thing to do. Sure we could die. Still, if we did not take our chances against an overwhelming army back in 1775, we would all be speaking English...oh wait a sec.:D

8. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Bradacious??? WTF? That guy was doomed from the start with a name like that. It will only be a matter of time before Sharpton and Jackson jump on this I'm sure. That evil white woman with a gun, shooting that young black man.

9. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Fixed it fer ya!

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

We came very close to speaking German. A Lot of Hessian's deserted and stayed here. There was a large German speaking segment of the population. The Pennsylvania Dutch were actually Deutsche. At the onset of WW1 the country actually sided with the Kaiser but a massive propaganda campaign by the Pro English government aided by the "News Media" shifted the backing to the English. The Lusitania was deliberately set up to be sunk by ours and the British government. Sort of seems like today doesn't it.

Again we have a gang of cowards attacking what seemed like an easy target. This target had teeth and grit. We need more people like her.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  11. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I suppose it could be worse you could be speaking your allies language after that little 1775 misunderstanding with the English. French. :D Call it what you want sometimes not shooting is the smart thing to do. He didn't back down on your headstone won't help your friends and family that are left behind. And it certainly won't help you 6 feet under.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  12. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

French! No need for insults here. Geez.:eek:

It is very horrible tragedy that she died in the shoot out. My prayers to her and her family.

13. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

Yep, I have an ancestor who was a Hessian mercenary.

14. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

When you're that age and only a few years away from death anyway this is definitely the preferred way to go out IMO.
    With any luck she prevented Bodacious form adding his genes to the genepool.
    And if the female goes to jail long enough she will also be too old to breed when she comes out.

15. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Who's to say they wouldn't have killed her anyways? They had a gun, and this was obviously a planned attack.

16. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

Just my thinkin.

Attached Files:

17. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

I hope those 3 POS get what's coming to them. Maybe that State has the Rope Game?

18. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

That is why we are Americans. We fight for what is right. If the Brits want to give up their right (and ability) to fight against such vermin, that is their (your)right. Please do not try to convince us that laying down and taking a beating (or worse) is better than fighting back.

19. BigBizz87

BigBizz87 New Member

+1 for sure

20. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

+1000!!! Well said Robo.