75B vs 75 SP-01

Discussion in 'CZ Forum' started by MattJan18, Aug 12, 2020.

1. MattJan18

MattJan18 Member

Hey everybody,

Next purchase will be one of these two handguns. I want the steel frame, so not the polymer variants of either of these.

I’m mostly just trying to figure out what are the key differences between the two and which one people prefer. I’ll likely wait out this COVID craziness and the election before buying a other because I know it’ll be nearly impossible to get either one before then.

Thanks in advance!

towboater likes this.
  2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

SP01 has a gadget rail (laser, light, etc.) on the lower, the 75b does not have a rail. SP01 also has ambidextrous safety levers.

3. MattJan18

MattJan18 Member

Is the gadget rail only on the tactical? I’m looking at getting the standard version of either one and not the tactical versions.

4. Gatoragn

No rail on 75b.

The cz75 sp01 tactical has a rail and a decocker.

The Cz75 sp01 has a manual safety.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  5. ConfusedCaliber

ConfusedCaliber New Member

Both are fantastic. 75B is classic. I have a TSO as a range toy and a 75 Compact on its way. You can’t go wrong here

6. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't hang gadgets on pistols so I bought the 75 B. The only thing I altered was removing the good sights and replacing them with fiber optic/tritium sights, made by Tru Glo that cost under a hundred bucks. I got all of the features I needed for far less than the cost of the SP01. (The Tru Glo sights fit, out of the box, with no hand fitting required)

Of all the pistols I take to the range, this one, with those sites, is the pistol that other people like the most. I am still firmly attached to a Colt Defender for carry, but, the CZ is one hell of a fine pistol. In side by side comparison to the Beretta 92, which is also a fine pistol, I would take the CZ every day.

Which ever pistol you choose, you will not be disappointed!

Gatoragn likes this.
  7. Gatoragn

One CZ is never enough!