75 grain bullets for 9mm

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by tinbucket, Sep 18, 2020.

1. tinbucket

tinbucket Well-Known Member

I haven't found any but would like to develop some high velocity 9mm loads with 75 grain bullets.I have read of the old German sub gun loads but those were ap bullets and not available here if at all.
    Anyone know of a source?

2. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Rifling82 likes this.

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Most everybody is out of stock but look for 380 bullets. Same diameter but run a lot lighter. Also might look for the bullets with the flutes instead of hollow points. Lehigh Defense makes them. Midway carries them but backorder except for the 90 grain.

BullMoose429 and Rifling82 like this.
  4. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Looking at some 90-gr bullets: You won’t have enough bullet length to seat unless you go to copper, or one of the other light alloys. I don’t see anything Sierra, or Hornady at less then 90-gr, and those look marginal as to having enough body tangent to get a good crimp on.

5. AgedWarrior

AgedWarrior Well-Known Member

I have worked up some loads with Speer and Sierra 90 grain bullets. It worked, but I agree, there is just not enough bullet in the case for my comfort. They ran fine and were plenty speedy and accurate, but I figure one day one of them will come apart feeding and it just isn’t worth it. I used to load Speer 100 grain hollow points for my wife, she liked the recoil reduction with them, but Speer quit making them some years back and I finally ran out of them last year. Copper bullets might do the trick...but likely be expensive, and 75 grains is pretty light. Maybe those Lehigh Defense bullets? They go down to a 68 grain bullet.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  6. BullMoose429

BullMoose429 Well-Known Member Supporter

7. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

So now I have heard of a 9mm that light.. I'm learning..

BullMoose429 likes this.
  8. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

If you had some bullet molds and an injection molder you could make up something similar to the old Glaser Safety Slugs. Put, some fine steel BBs, or glass shot, and then inject some polyethylene in on top of them, and see what you get.

BullMoose429 likes this.
  9. Mcsorleyprobert

Mcsorleyprobert Active Member

Good rounds. I like them, they are light & fragment.
    Ballistic gel is amazing.

,liberty ammo is good.
    Are they those Weird rounds like those rip trocar rounds, no, I don’t think so,
    The .45 rounds are 2Kfps, which is amazing.

I like them.
    They are loud as most are +P

YouTube the ballistics, some great reviews.

BullMoose429 likes this.