747 Civilian Cargo crash Bagram AFB, Afghanistan (4/30/13)

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BigByrd47119, May 1, 2013.

1. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Sorry if this is already posted, a cursory search indicated it was not.

7 souls lost, 6 from Willowrun Airport, about 20 minutes from my house (they have a nice military museum there). Cause at this point is assumed to be shifting cargo, a big no-no!! One pilot was very recently married as well.

This video isnt 'graphic' in a blood and guts kind of way, but I want people to realize they are about to see a video in which 7 people die instantly before clicking the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GXzkruPYjQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thoughts and prayers please. One of the mechanics that died was well know at my place of work here at Detroit Metro Airport.

2. rurak

rurak New Member

Great ...... I leave for aruba in a month and I'm already scared of flying ..... :( :(

3. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

Very tragic! Rest easy guys, tailwinds always! My condolences goes out to the family and friends. A positively scary way to go, I could certainly imagine load shift as being the likely cause. I often see National Air Cargo 74's haulin MRAP's among other things in and outta theatre..

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  4. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

I work at an airport with high traffic (domestic and Intl.) and I feel safe telling you not to worry. :) Most planes land safetly!

5. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

6. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

That's another seven souls to pray for! God bless them, their families, loved ones and co-workers!

And God bless and protect all that are over there trying to make it a better world for us and the thankless masses over there!

7. MTHunter

MTHunter New Member

Just on the news earlier the plane was overloaded by a couple thousand pounds.

8. rurak

rurak New Member

I feel for the families of the people who passed. At least it was quick ... rip