7 y.o. in NJ charged for nerf gun, READ, from NRA email

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by trip286, Feb 6, 2011.

1. trip286

trip286 New Member

NRA-ILA :: Outrage Of The Week

basically school officials had a child charged after "suspicious activity"

Total B.S.

I hope the NRA steps in with their legal help like they did for that duck hunting H.S. student out in Cali. Left his shotty in his truck, WHICH HE PARKED OFF CAMPUS so as not to violate school policy, and the administrators still had him charged totally overstepping their jurisdiction, NRA stepped in and saved his bacon. Hope they help in this most recent case of stupidity.

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

These people get more rediculous every day!! Next they'll ban finger guns and rubber bands!!

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Flashback to my second grade teacher- God rest you, Mrs. Kelly. If you were out of line you would have been hoisted by your ear lobe, hauled to the corner, stood facing corner for an appropriate time- and then, repentant, returned to your seat.

Unlike Mrs. Kelly, the administrators (notice I did not say teachers) of that school should be charged with operating a body with no brain installed. Or at least charged with being stupid in public.

4. vjf915

vjf915 New Member

This happened in my wonderful state.....

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

6. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

This is pathetic! Hammonton is about a 15 minute drive from here, not a bad town, this crap is the type of mindset that our schools are instilling to our children, that guns are evil and dangerous,blah-blah-blah.
    A few years ago, when my son was 7 or 8, he wore a t-shirt to school that was hunting themed, I think it had a picture of a hunter with a rifle. I got a phone call from the principle telling me not to allow my son to wear that shirt again as it was "inappropriate" and sent" the wrong message". I asked him if he was serious, and he said yes, well, me being me, I told the principal that it's just kinda too bad, because the last time I checked, hunting was legal and if it was gonna be a problem I would have my brother, a lawyer, give him a call. Never heard another word. (and my brother isn't a lawyer)
    This case in Hammonton should never have gone as far as it did. Sad. oh, and did I ever mention? New Jersey SUCKS!!

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

It just goes to show that way too many people missed out on a righteous beating while growing up and now that they have a small level of power they spew their stupidity with reckless abandon :mad:

I don't have kids but if I did ... no effing chance would they attend public school!

8. eaglesnester

eaglesnester New Member

idiot school officials

I do believe that Will Rogers said that, "common sense ante so common anymore". it was true then and its still true today. my god how do the idiots ever get to be in charge. if they continue to be unabated the united states is doomed, doomed I tell you:mad:

9. oldshooter

oldshooter New Member

calif. stupid

I don't remember exactly where it was in this wonderful state but they did suspend a couple of first or second grade kids for pointing fingers at each other and shouting bang. Am I the only one that thinks playing cowboy and imatating Hoppy, Roy and Gene is a bad thing.
    I'm glad I'm old and won't have to put up with this crap much longer.
    I'm blue in the face trying to talk some sense into my duly elected officials.

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Sam Clemens once said "First, God made an idiot. That was for practice. Then he made a School Board."

11. pmanton

pmanton Member

I'm an old fart. In Junior High-- this would have been late 40's early 50's---- I was caught with an Iver Johnson break top 32 revolver I had brought to show a friend.

Off the the principal's office. I had to surrender the revolver. I was told my parents would be told and they would have to reclaim the revolver:eek:.

I got my butt whipped and the revolver disappeared never to be found again.

End of story.

My how times have changed.:(

Paul
    Salome, AZ

12. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Whenever I see things like this, I ask one question: "What problem is this correcting?" I'm currently at a loss...

Anything with "Nerf" on the label should automatically be considered exempt from this sort of thing.

13. DocWard

DocWard New Member

After reading that, I find myself wishing I were the judge that case ended up in front of. I would lecture the officer involved on wasting his time on such a call and insulting the intelligence and the common sense of the court by bringing such a charge. Next I would have a thing or two to say to the principal and perhaps the board of the school about not having the intestinal fortitude to man up and say that zero-tolerence requires zero-thought, and is a coward's way of dealing with what used to be dealt with by knowing students, communicating with them and their parents and using whatever brains they were born with to determine what was appropriate in any given situation.

14. Wenonah

Wenonah New Member

Some of my favorite quotes came from Sam Clemens, this is my new favorite.

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

pmanton, I was in high school when columbine happened. the school I was in at the time had an open campus policy, meaning that if you had the spare time, you could leave and come back, such as you could go to a local fast food joint for lunch. I'm sure you probably had the same thing in your time. The funny thing about all this is that we had several guys who had study hall for 2 hours right after lunch, me being one of them. some of us would go hunting after lunch, with our rifles in the truck all day, from the beginning of the day until after we came back for the last class of the day. I sold a shotgun TO MY PRINCIPAL in the school parking lot. (he did call my mom to make sure it was okay with her that I sold it, and of course it was I bought it myself with the money I earned from my JOB) several of us would be chewing in the duck blind with a teacher and on more than one occasion the principal. I put this out there to show that first off, it was a backwater town, and to point out how FAST times can change. I'm only 26, meaning this was happening at my school only 10 years ago. In fact I don't think they started changing their policy until that big college shooting just a couple of years ago, beat me over the head I cant remember what college it was, but I'm pretty sure it was somewhere in the southeast.

16. Wheeler

Wheeler New Member

How rediculous things have become................

I'm 62 (feel like 32) and can remember when I was a kid in a fairly small town, going to a school that had two classrooms for all grades. Yep, that's small. The older kids would sometimes bring their .22s to school, put them in the corner until after school when they'd try to bark a squirrel or rabbit on the way home. There were constant 'dustups' on the playground and nobody would have ever thought about getting their rifle to 'settle differences'. It just wasn't done and God help you if you ever entertained the thought. The principal would have tanned your hide and then your dad would have as well. Yep, we even had dads who lived at home. What a novel idea.

Skip forward to 2003-2005, we were in England on my wifes DoD orders and I saw a sign in a house wares shop, on a set of table flatware. It stated that the knives therein were considered as 'dangerous weapons' and would have to be signed for. Crazy.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011