7 inch SBR and flash hiders

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by eckersr, Jul 22, 2012.

1. eckersr

eckersr New Member

I have a 7 inch barreled AR-15 with a Noveske KX3 flash supressor. I want to know if anyone has used any 7 inch barreled AR rifle with just the A2 flash hider and what were the results as far a muzzle blast, concussion, flash etc.
    Thanks

2. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I never like those A2 bird cage flash hiders, maybe it's just me. ;). I read and heard that Noveske KX3 is meant for SBR. I don't have one but i put Smith Vortex on my 10.5".

3. eckersr

eckersr New Member

I'll try to upload a pic. Not sure how, but I'll see what I can do.

4. eckersr

eckersr New Member

thanks for the reply.

5. eckersr

eckersr New Member

Pics of my 7inch Barrel SBR.

Attached Files:

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

That's awesome man. I'm jealous.

7. eckersr

eckersr New Member

Thank you. Its been a fun little gun. Absolutly no reliablity issues whatsoever. I owe that to JoJo's gun works bolt rebuild kits offered by brownells. I have them in all my AR's and they have solved all FTF, FTE, problems. Now Im just trying to figure out the pros and cons of replacing the KX3 with an A2 flash hider.

8. eckersr

eckersr New Member

To OKDONK how does the vortex work with the 10.5"?

9. okdonk

okdonk New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeOI51UEQUs[/ame]

That's the video of my pistol with Vortex.
    In hiding flash factor, yes it hides so well.
    I can't comment anything yet of muzzle break factor as i was shooting it as pistol (no stock).
    But i read and nothing but good reviews about the Vortex. It's only less than $60.

10. eckersr

eckersr New Member

OKDONK great video. It looks like the Votex does a great job. My concerns are felt concussion or blast if you are standing to the side of the rifle near the area of the muzzle. Did you happen to notice any?

11. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Thank you. I dont think it has that kind of problem.

12. eckersr

eckersr New Member

If you could check that out next time you shoot, please let me know the results. Im just really concerned with the side muzzle blast.
    Thanks again,
    Mike

13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Sure do. For the time being.. browse utube, see if they have any more videos of it.

14. eckersr

eckersr New Member

thats a great idea. Thanks. Ultimately I will probably just swap them out and see for myself. It just hard for me to get the time to shoot.

Your pistol is pretty awesome. Shoots like crazy and no $200 tax stamp.

15. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Actually my form 1 is pending. I want it to be called SBR and with stock. ;)

16. eckersr

eckersr New Member

Outstanding! I deffinately know how you feel. I couldnt have any of the fun stuff when I was stationed in California. Now that Im in Montana I feel like a kid in a candy store. I got my very first Colt 6920 rifle when I got here. Once you get your first SBR you will want another and then a supressor and then someday a full auto rifle. You will be so excited when you get that form 1 back with that tax stamp. I ordered a votex from brownells today. I liked the way it looked and worked on your rifle.

Mike

17. eckersr

eckersr New Member

OKDONK Have you gotten your lower engraved with your info yet?

18. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Do not use the a2 flash hider. It will have alot of side concussion and with that short of barrel and not burning all the powder it will still have alot of flash. Keep what u have it works great. I have the troy on mine with a 7.5" barrel and it works great also . It does have some massive flash but not on every shot. And the concussion at the barrel is awesome. Gotta love that feel .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  19. eckersr

eckersr New Member

Thats a beautiful rifle. Nice flame. Can you tell me the model of the TROY flash supressor?

Mike