7.62x39 supply

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by wjjd57, Mar 4, 2014.

1. wjjd57

wjjd57 New Member

Just curious if anyone has any thoughts how the Russian invasion of Ukraine & the pending US sanctions might effect the supply of Russian 7.62x39 ammo? Am I being paranoid to think all the Tula & Wolf could dry up? Considering stocking up but I don't want to be the panic buy guy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Firearms Talk mobile app

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

If I knew where there was some Wolf or Tula ammo at a reasonable price, I would buy some.

3. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

I wouldn't be too concerned about that..Putin just wants the Crimea region (where his Naval base is located). And he does not care what our community organizer has to say about it....Probably told Barry to pipe down, and go make him a sandwich. We might cancel a summit, or threaten to kick him out of the wine and cheese club for a while...But a month from now, the whole thing will be out of the news cycle, and forgotten.....

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

You might want to look up the term "Economic Sanctions" that Kerry has been throwing around. Then go buy some ammo.

You really think Barry would miss a chance to give Putin stink-eye, and bash gun owners at the same time? Hah! A twofer!

5. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

LOL.......Nobody's going to do anything...just talk. Problem is, a large percentage of Ukranians are in favor of Putins actions, not something we want to get involved in. the opposition is mostly muslim. Putin does not coddle them like we do...he will just roll them off into the sea...

6. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

"Panic buy guy"?

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

No- panic ammo buy (for them what ain't already stocked up)

8. ratpacker

ratpacker Member

Rn Cindy... your suppositions, are mythological.
    Where are you getting your facts? Ukres favoring Putin by large % ...
    Muslims are the main opposition... hogwash.
    Come up with your resourses........cause little of those statements is fact.

9. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

I just watch the news CBS, Scott Pelly, 6:00 PM EST. But you also have to apply what you already know, and read between the lines a little bit.

10. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

80% of the population on the Crimean Peninsula are pro Russia, 70% of the population East of the Dnieper River are pro Russia. Putin says his troops are there to protect those folks. We all know thats a lie...But it's just conceivable enough to smooth the whole thing over...But YES...if your SKS eats like mine does...you might as well stock up...:)

11. wjjd57

wjjd57 New Member

My concern is that there will be import restrictions levied against Russia. If that is the case I can see the supply of Tula & Wolf drying up. No more cheap AK ammo.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Firearms Talk mobile app

12. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

No way that will happen...I will even make you a bet, if it happens, you can pick my avatar for 30 days..anything you want....:D. Obongo knows better than to pick the losing side on this one..unlike his previous screw ups.

13. FishinLuke

FishinLuke New Member

The Ukranian people are revolting because they fear being under Russian control again, they have no desire to go back to 60 years ago with their necks under a jackboot. This whole thing started with Ukraine needing economic stability and the European Union (along with the U.S.) offering it's financial assistance in what could eventually amounted to Ukraine joining the EU. With this on the table Putin not wanting Ukraine to fall into the EU offered financial assistance to which the Ukrainian president (Viktor Yanukovych) accepted, which thoroughly angered the populace for fear of being under Russian control again. Hence the reason the president was ousted and now resides in Russia. Yanukovych is now with Putin's help trying to establish that his ouster was unconstitutional in efforts to regain control of the soon to be new Ukraine with the help of Russia.

This is all how I have read and know of the situation, I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. As for me I'm on the side of the Ukrainian people who in the beginning even had to fight against their own military until the military decided to side with the Ukrainian people. I pray and hope they find the ability to maintain their sovereignty from Russia.

If I were you and wanted to be able to shoot Tula and Wolf in the future and had some extra coin, I would be finding good buys and stocking up. But that's just me. I don't think I would go overboard but I would want enough to have a reserve for hard times. This is especially true because the firearms that use that ammo are usually fun ammo burners and there is not so much desire to reload. It was the ammos price that gets a lot of people buying those firearms, and with the potential of the major ammo source drying up people might have a quite a few paperweights or hammers on their hands.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  14. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Yes, most of the muslim/islamic population resides on the West side..they want nothing to do with the Russian Govt. They have all but conquered Europe...they would rather go that route.

15. FishinLuke

FishinLuke New Member

According to wikipedia :rolleyes: (i know, i know it's wikipedia but take it for what you will), Ukraine is hardly a muslim country. I don't think that has anything to do with which way they want to go, and more about their disdain for the Russians.

Makeup of the religious population of Ukraine
    Ukrainian Orthodox Church – Kiev Patriarchate
    39.8%

Ukrainian Orthodox Church – Patriarch of Moscow
    29.4%

Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church
    14.1%

Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church
    2.8%

Protestanism
    2.4%

Roman Catholicism
    1.7%

Islam
    0.6%

Judaism
    0.2%

Others
    9.9%

16. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Russians have Chechnya. They are support by al Qaeda to spread sharia law. Killed a lot of Russians to include the infamous school massacre and theatre incidents. They did the bombing before the Olympics. These extremist terrorists are extremely evil. I have a personal hatred for these bastards.

17. FishinLuke

FishinLuke New Member

What's the connection of Chechnya to this thread? I'm not trying to be mean, am I missing something?

Chechnya and Ukraine are a far cry from each other on the terrorism front.

18. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Easy. Islam was mentioned in the thread. It is not a problem in Ukraine, but the problem is actually elsewhere. I did not bring it up first. Still, it is a problem for the Russians. Sorry for the aside, but there is a correlation...

19. FishinLuke

FishinLuke New Member

I'm with you on the Muslim/sharia law/radical terrorist problem Europe is faced with and you are right in it from what I understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

20. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

There are other sources for 7.62x39 than just Russia. Yes, they are the primary suplier, but not the only ones. When importers get to shopping around, there should still be plenty. Serbia and Czech Republic, already make versions of former Soviet block ammo that are imported by Wolf and Winchester.

Get the Philippines tooled up for some x39 rounds and they'd be all over making up for shortages. The Armscor ammo I have tried has been good range fodder.