7,62 mm Nagant pistol.

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by griffin81, Sep 7, 2012.

1. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

It's got this in trade for two knifes I'm building. I know it's not worth much but I like it. Gonna go shoot it tomorrow if the weather is good. Just wondering anything I need to look for as far as trouble or any good things about these pistols.

image-3670219327.jpg

image-1564661065.jpg

image-899545121.jpg

2. robertb6112

robertb6112 New Member

I bought one at a gun show and some jerk drilled the cylinder. So my bullets wouldn't stay in. I had to order a replacement. Mine was not re-arsenaled though. I ordered a new cylinder and it works great. Ammo is pricey. But what ammo isn't pricey?

3. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

Anybody else go any info on this pistol? Value? Year of production...?

4. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Could we get some closer shots of the numbers and markings?

C3 can probably tell you without them, but us mortals need stuff to work with :p

5. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

Ok well here we are.

image-1986695431.jpg

image-18238996.jpg

image-1099533135.jpg

6. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

in my professional opinion, we need to wait for c3 :p

looks to me like a standard nagant, should be a lot of fun to shoot.

7. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Its a cool old revolver to own, but 100 rds of ammo cost more than the gun itself

8. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

.32 S&W long can also be safely fired in these revolvers, I know for a fact, because I did it many times. It is somewhat cheaper than the original, but not much.

9. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

If I am not mistaken, there were "replacement" cylinders sold for these. They were chambered for modern ammo. That may be what you had. As far as other issues, you are going to need to do some training, like lifting weights with your trigger finger. Double action is the toughest trigger pull I have ever experienced, it must have been near 20#.

It is a fun revolver to play with when you get the tactical speed reloading thing under control. :)

10. Zayne

Zayne New Member

Hey just remember, Japanese Arisakas weren't worth squat until the 90s. The value of these revolvers will be much more as years go by. I've been meaning to pick on up actually. :)

11. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

What can you say? Typical Russian Military Surplus. It's a model M1895, so they made them from 1895 till about the 40's. The date of manufacture should be stamped on the side. If a big star is there, it was made by the Tula arsenal. The trigger pulls are really bad in double action, not so bad in single action if you cock the hammer. It pretty much feels like a .22 LR pistol in recoil. Holds 7 shots. Some had third party cylinders that were made for firing .32 ACP's. I wonder if that was robertb's problem. You can fire .32 S&W's out of it, but it will pretty much blow the cases out if you do. Also the gas seal system will not work with .32 S&W, so you will lose some ft/sec in velocity (I reload, so cases stretched out and/or cracked matter)
    Fiocchi still makes ammo for it, but it is pricey. Hotshot makes ammo for it, and it is much cheaper than the Fiocchi. There is still military surplus ammo floating around for it.

12. robertb6112

robertb6112 New Member

You have to buy another cylinder to shoot .32 s&w? I

13. robertb6112

robertb6112 New Member

No my cylinder was drilled out by somebody who had no clue what they where doing. They where different sizes.

14. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

Thanks guys. Any idea on current value. I have the cleaning kit and holster/flap pouch with this one.