6x40 scope

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by sloejoe, Apr 7, 2011.

1. sloejoe

sloejoe New Member

Looking for a 6x or variable that includes 6x40 hunting rifle (30-06) with fine crosshairs. I can't find that combination. Can the crosshairs be changed to fine ch if I buy a scope with other ch configuration?

2. sloejoe

sloejoe New Member

Hey--I'm back before anyone answered--saw in the optics forum a note about the Vortex Crossfire---I went up on their website & I think I have found my next scope. The Crossfire has a v-plex cross hair that is so close to a fine that I think it will do nicely. Am interested in the 3x9x40 for a Sportsman Warehouse price of $119.00. A bargain if it is as clear as the thread implied it was. Will be going to Boise in the next week & will check it out. I believe it will replace my old Weaver K-4 very nicely. I need the 6x setting because the old eyes are not as good as I wanted & I guess the warranty has expired. I will still appreciate any & all comments, recommendations, & critisizing of my pick. Options are still open. Thanks.

3. Eric0424

Eric0424 New Member

If you search "fine crosshair" at Midway a few scopes come up, Weaver, Sightron, the same Vortex you mentioned, below is a Truglo 6-24x44 and a 4-16x44 if you want something with more power. Although I don't know much about Truglo scopes. BSA has a few with their Target Dot reticle, fine crosshairs but with a dot in the center. You'll see that reticle at Midway with the same search.

TRUGLO Infinity Rifle Scope 4-16x 44mm Adjustable Objective Fine Crosshair Matte - MidwayUSA

TRUGLO Infinity Rifle Scope 6-24x 44mm Adjustable Objective Fine Crosshair Matte - MidwayUSA

4. sloejoe

sloejoe New Member

Thanks Eric--I checked out the scopes you mentioned but there were some differences I didn't want or like so I guess I will go with the Crossfire. It's not the crosshair I wanted but it will have to do. I definitely want a 6x?x40. I would rather have a 38 but I guess I'm living to far in the past to find just what I want. I will keep my eye open for an old Weaver k6 but will go with the Vortex as a second choice. Don't need a variable & definitely don't want any of the tactical stuff. I'll keep looking for a while--Thanks again.:)