65 dollars a gun for Illinois residents.

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by silverado113, Feb 9, 2012.

1. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

It is called taxing you out of your guns.

3. Double_tap

Double_tap New Member

Didn't we have a Tea Party in Massachusetts because of BS like this I can't remember since American History has become a Taboo and the school system has to be tolerant and we spent more time learning about Cinco de milo

4. bkt

bkt New Member

New York has had this for a while, now. You can't do a FTF sale in New York for handguns, so every handgun is registered, it's S/N goes on your permit, and you have to pay the County Clerk whenever you buy or sell a handgun.

Getting a permit takes 6 months or more and the grand total for the application, finger prints, photos, etc. is around $150 in Monroe County where I live.

The one ray of good news is once you get your very expensive permit, you keep it for life.

5. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

That's one of the numerous weapons the anti-gunners have up their sleeve. If they can't succeed at outright banning the guns, they just make them too expensive to own. Just like the BS ammo tax the dems tried to pass a while back.

6. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

Hopefully I'll be gone from this state by then...

7. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

What's next, a tax on our freedom of speech? :mad:

8. paintsplat

paintsplat New Member

don't give them any ideas

9. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Yeah and it expires every 5 years. God forbid you have a HUGE collection and don't renew your tax bill for your guns, you will probably wind up in prison for 15-20 years. Let's hope those Crook County voters do some house cleaning this election cycle.

10. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Another case of The State of Chicago and The City of Illinois. The state is broke, and so is the city so they will do anything to get money. Anything that is except getting the crooked, money grubbing politicians out of office. We residents of Illinois need to bad together and VOTE these people out. The main problem is that the Chicago Dems. have all the minority votes sealed up. They pay people in the minority neighborhoods to vote, hell they set up buses to bring them to polling places. It's sad when the whole state votes one way, but Cook County and Cook gets its way.

11. DustyDawg48

DustyDawg48 New Member

There is plenty of room in The Hoosier State where lifetime CC are $125. Vote with your feet!

12. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

If it were only that simple. I was born a Hoosier (Crown Point) and would love to move back. Problem is that my house is now worth about $60,000 less than what I paid for it and nobody is buying now. If I could sell and move I would do in a heart beat.

13. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

Like JD I am stuck with a house and family is here. But I will be looking to soon move north, if nothing else just enough to get over the border so I don't have to worry about this crooked state anymore.

14. DustyDawg48

DustyDawg48 New Member

That sucks $60,000 worth! Nothing like insult to injury. You have my sympathy!

15. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

Absolutely disgusting!!!! Rahm Emmanuel is trying to run the whole state and the corrupt Democratic machine will follow right along. This is Baraks buddy. Don't think that a second term of BO won't have something like this happen nationwide.

16. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

This is it exactly.

I have a ton of equity in my home, having lived in it since 1986. Slowly, I am thinking of getting out of Illinois. My Dad is 82 and very frail. I just can't leave here yet.

17. Marthor

Marthor New Member

Is there any other type of property that is taxed on a recurring basis besides land?

Cars/driving is considered a privilage and you have to renew registration. Other than that, I can't think of any other property that is taxed past the point of initial purchase.

What's to say they couldn't start demanding registration of bicycles with renewal fees every 3 years?

Government overreach needs to be stopped everywhere!

18. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

The government will ALWAYS find a way to take more of our money. That's how they control us. Which is BS!! That's why they call it crook county. And always will. But WERE the bad guys. They don't care if we have guns. They just figured. Hey FOID cards are up 11% last year. That means we could tax These puppets for EVERY gun they own and still be in debt because WE take the money and buy a bunch of BS for ourselves and tell them its going to a good cause and the state needs the money. I hate politicians. Here's an idea. Grow some balls and screw with the gang bangers. NOT US!!!!!!!

19. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Funny you mention that. Chicago actually tried under Heir Daley to mandate yearly bicycle registration. All the tree hugging hippies pitched a fit and it never happened. But those same hippies will support anything anti gun. They don't understand that guns are just the start

20. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

it is disgusting here. In 2008 they moved up the primary "to make a difference". They didn't this year - I guess it doesnt matter to the friggin corrupt LIBTARDS!! I have not even seen one story about this.