60 minutes Tonight ! CCW

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by sheriffjohn, Feb 11, 2018 at 2:50 PM.

1. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Active Member

60 Minutes will be covering CCW tonight. Interview with USCCA president is part of the show. Looking forward to seeing how it is presented.

bluez likes this.
  2. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Typical CBS 60 minutes anti gun hit piece

Studies have shown.... yea, bloomberg funded echo chamber studies.

Mississippi has had a substantial increase in firearm deaths? I'd like to see and study the FBI stats.

NY values... nobody except police and their friends should have firearms.

c3shooter, Judah_BenHur and Ghost1958 like this.

3. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Active Member

Tim did a good job representing the USCCA, which is why I watched the show. I enjoy the USCCA magazine and their training videos are getting better. We didn't lose anything in NYC, L.A., or any large city so, as far as I'm concerned they deserve the squirrels they elect ..and re-elect. Most of those "large city police chiefs" wouldn't make a pimple on a beat cop's butt.

Ghost1958, 303tom, AZdave and 3 others like this.
  4. Judah_BenHur

Judah_BenHur Member

What a terrible piece. The usual snob-elite agenda non-sense.
    Here's how it goes-
    Pro gun guys get hammered at every opportunity with fake studies, hyperbole, and a biased interviewer..along with heavy editing.
    Anti gun twits get to say whatever they want no matter how ridiculous or untruthful with no confrontation of any kind, supported and unedited.

There were no Vegas bets on this because everyone knew how it was gonna turn out.

Most bothersome to me..the arrogance. Just how detached can these people be?
    -5 million NRA members. (With 1 million joining just after we got blamed for Sandy Hook)
    -Hundreds of thousands of others in GOA and the like, with many more thousands active in their local outfits.
    -Guesstimates usually hover around 100 million gun owners in the United States. One-third the population.

Yet they insist on preaching from the mount, pretending that they're the majority regardless of any factual evidence and through cognitive dissonance unwilling to admit they're on the losing team.
    Arrogant screaming lying babies. It's all they got and hell-be-damned, they'll never give it up.

Ghost1958, 303tom and c3shooter like this.
  5. Danoobie

Danoobie Well-Known Member

Tell ya a little secret: The most anti-gun person I know owns a gun.
    Now, he doesn't feel OTHERS should own guns, but somehow, some
    way, he's the smartest person in the room, always, and he considers
    himself to be uniquely qualified to have possession
    of a firearm, while the masses are denied.

So, don't BS yourself, or anybody else, that anti-gunners don't own guns.
    They believe THEY are supposed to own guns, but nobody else should.

Ghost1958, kbd512, ellis36 and 2 others like this.
  6. Dakota1

Dakota1 Well-Known Member

He's not the only one. Dianne Feinstein has a concealed-weapons permit.
    After I sent a scathing, sarcastic editorial to several newspapers who published it, she must have been embarrassed. I included: "Ms. Feinstein, should you have any questions about appropriate calibers or cleaning accessories, etc. please don't hesitate to ask me. I always like to help my fellow shooters."
    She went on the news, admitting it & BS'ing about how she's still against gun ownership but she had the permit due to some "threat on her husband's life."

bluez, Ghost1958 and primer1 like this.
  7. hairbear1

hairbear1 Well-Known Member

Get used to this sort of crap because that's how the weak kneed window lickers act. We've had basically the same thing here in Australia with both 60 Minutes, and the media in general trying to get any pro gun people to comment or come on a show about guns and ownership and the panel and questions are ALWAYS loaded with antigun wankers and crap questions. What really pisses the wankers off is when a pro gun person gets on there and knocks the lying idiots over with fact after fact something that doesn't sit well with them.
    then comes the shouting down and talking over the pro gun person trying to establish a position of "I'm morally correct and righteous".
    This is where the anti's usually start falling apart and making outrageous claims with little to no fact just outrage because that's all they've got.

When this crap starts happening get into the media with emails complaining about lack of balance and explaining how things happen with easily checkable facts as this is what we do here and keep bombarding any polls that the media fools throw up and watch the poll suddenly "disappear" when it goes against the result they want.

8. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I thought the story was balanced and fair. Some don't like it because it showed both sides of the issue. If you are used to only listening to one-sided "news" I suppose it would have seemed unfair. Like it or not, there is another side. Wise gunners want to have a full understanding of what the other side of the issue looks like.

Just as people in Texas don't want people in California making their laws, People in Los Angles or New York, don't want people from Nashville making their laws. I don't get how that philosophy does not appeal to conservatives.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 8:20 AM
    sheriffjohn likes this.
  9. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

I didn't even bother to watch as I KNEW it was going to be another series of LIES. That is all ABC does anymore.
    If you wan't the truth, believe the EXACT opposite of what they tell you.
    Wife turned it on and I looked and said "well, I'm going to my computer in the office to delete emails etc".
    She couldn't even stand it and changed channels after about 2 minutes.

I just got a brainy idea. Maybe I should send a bullet (the projectile only.... NOT a loaded round) to one of those idiots. They might fear that it will kill them!
    but THEN, their is probably some kind of goofy law against it so I'd better not.

bluez and Ghost1958 like this.
  10. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Yes I only listen to ONE side, MY side, the side the 2nd Amendment is on that says I have a RIGHT to keep & bear arms, and if the other side don't like it, they can go straight legged to hell !.............

Ghost1958 and locutus like this.
  11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

If you believe in the U.S. Constitution and several SCOTUS rulings, there is actually only one side.

And as far as ABC, NBC and CBS, I think I'd believe the National Enquirer before the insanity these networks regurgitate

12. Danoobie

Danoobie Well-Known Member

I loved the part near the end of the show, where they showed a little kid
    dry-firing a snubbie. Don't know about any of the rest of you, but if I did
    that, to a pistol, at a gun show display, the vendor would have an embolism.
    And they want to act like it wasn't staged. So the kid's parents, AND the vendor were nowhere around. Okey-dokey, I believe you. BTW, there's this bridge which leads to Brooklyn, NYC, I want to talk to you about...

Ghost1958, 303tom and headspace like this.
  13. Chainfire

Many people only listen to one side. CBS gave a voice to "your" side, and you whine about it.

14. Chainfire

Did you even watch it, or do you let others tell you what was said?

15. Chainfire

First of all, it was CBS, not ABC. Secondly, if you didn't watch it you have no standing to judge it.

Dallas53 likes this.
  16. Mouser

Mouser Active Member

Didn't watch it as I didn't know it was on, but to Chainfire's point (I think) even with people you don't agree with, its not a bad idea to listen, try to understand. I would have watched if I knew it was on, probably reach many similar conclusions....though I don't watch network TV anymore unless a ball game is on one of those channels. My issue has been though, I can't understand the logic of illogical people so often I conclude that another person with opinions about everything who doesn't know jack about anything is spouting off again...so you need to know who they are and what they are saying. In a population of 300+ million, they will have followers! And they reproduce, teach others to act on impulse and spread the illogical nonsense to all who will listen.

locutus and Dallas53 like this.
  17. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

first of all didn't watch the program since i very seldom watch ABC, NBC, or CBS anymore. so i won't offer an opinion on show i didn't watch. and i have to agree with Mr. Chainfire, if a person didn't watch the program, are the opinions simply those of repeating what some else said, since how could they be based on an opinion of something, someone didn't watch?

and Mr. Mouser brings up a good point as well. see what the other side has to say, then draw your own conclusions after listening to both sides of the story. at least have a better understanding, and use facts and proof then to counter their side of the issues.

if the other sides stance is illogical, or emotionally driven, or not factual, then use logic, proof and facts to counter their arguments to support your stance on the issue being debated. if they are so emotionally driven, that they aren't listening to what you can prove as being factual, in opposition to their viewpoints, then walk away, because nothing you say, no matter how true it is, is going to change their minds anyways. and continuing on with the back and forth arguing, only results in you losing and looking ridiculous.

18. Judah_BenHur

Judah_BenHur Member

The venues that want to present these quorums about guns...primarily The Mainstream Media...never allow those facts to surface. I mentioned up-thread...heavily edited.

They don't want a discussion, they want an audience.

This is why the NRA rarely does any interviews with these people. They know what's gonna happen.

Absolutely true. I don't even go there anymore and when confronted it goes like this;
    "Yeah whatever. (turns away to others) Hey did anybody see that game last night? Wow!"
    You'll never get the Shannon Watts, Feinstein, Schumer types. Forget it. But you know what works with the others?
    Invite em to the range.
    I've never been turned down, they always accept because..hey..they're curious and it even sounds *gasp* kinda fun and exciting.
    After a day at the range..they go away admitting they had a lot of fun, it wasn't that scary at all, and you know..that Judah is actually a pretty nice guy.
    Driving home they're thinking, that was nothing at all like I see on the TV...

locutus and Mouser like this.
  19. Mouser

Mouser Active Member

I have never met a person who didn't like shooting after they've done it...some more than others, but always felt good about the range. Had my mom, mother-in-law, aunt over to my 'back yard' range...I played the firearm instructor and we started with a single action .22 revolver...then a .38spl revolver...9mm semi auto and finished with a few shots from an AR...they loved it! My aunt was a little intimidated by the power of the AR, but she had a good time and would do it again if she visits! Great times.

20. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Million moms against gun control were interviewed for this hit piece, and not one iota of the interview was aired. Best part, the interview took place at NRA headquarter... remember they said the NRA refused to respond to their requests???

Ghost1958 likes this.