6.5mm creedmoor

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by jbarnett31, Aug 15, 2013.

1. jbarnett31

jbarnett31 New Member

I'm thinking about buying a new caliber rifle. Everything I'm seeing on the 6.5 creedmoor is sounding good. I was wondering if any of y'all have any experience or knowledge about that caliber. Thanks

2. marc29th

marc29th Member

A friend of mine who works for Ruger took his M77 in 6.5 Creedmoor down to Texas to a 1000 yard class he passed the class by shoot that rifle all 1000 yards. So if your looking for a long range rifle this might be it.

3. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

The 6.5 Creedmoor is a fantastic caliber. I built one earlier this year,and it's a shooter.
    The only negative to it is getting good brass,Hornady brass doesn't hold up too long before the primer pockets become enlarged.
    I have a bunch of 22-250 brass that I'll be trying out as soon as I fire form it. Even though it takes another step prepping,if it will last twice as long as the Hornady brass it'll be worth it.
    I also shoot a 260 Remington,and it's a great 6.5 caliber also,but the Creedmoor allows you to use you magazine even when loading the bullets out to the lands. The 260 will limit you to magazine length with the same bullets unless you want to turn your rifle into a single shot using rounds out near the lands.

The 6.5 CM/260 Rem/6.5x47 Lapua will all do the job for you,and don't forget about the old 6.5x55.

4. E7018Dan

E7018Dan New Member

I fully endorse 6.5creedmoore when reloaded.

5. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I have no experience with the Creedmoor, but I have shoot the 6.5-284 and it was a real performer. It would appear the two are very similar. If any of you have a ballistic comparison of the two I would be very interested.
    Thanks

6. Tjurgensen

Tjurgensen New Member

I would take a hard look at the 6.5-284 great round. Shoots incredibly accurate and flat. I love it. But it all depends on what your looking for. A target round? 6.5-284. Great hunting round? IMHO the 6.5x55 is the best 6.5 hunting cartridge out there.

~TJ

7. Apex-Predator

Apex-Predator New Member

I don't have a Creedmore but I do have a modern 6.5x55 it's ballistic twin and another fantastic cartridge. The Creedmore combines the long neck and sharp shoulder of the Swede with the short action of the 260, the best of all worlds if you ask me.
    No matter which head stamp you have on your 6.5mm a 140gr at 2700+fps is a devastating hunting cartridge.

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the only one i have any experiance with in the 6.5 calibers is the 6.5x55. very impressive. personally, i'd like to gain more knowledge and understanding of the 6.5mmm calibers. a few i would even like to add into the collection.