Firearms Talk banner

6.5-06

992 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  locutus 
#1 ·
Im going to have a6.5-06 built so any input would be greatbbl bullet combos load data anything you have knowledge or info

#2 ·
if it was mine, I'd have it made with the Ackley Improved chamber. I'd also have both a FL sizing die and a neck sizing die cut with the same reamer used to cut the chamber.

140 grain bullets seem to perform well in that caliber, so I would select twist rate for that bullet weight (you can still load lighter or heavier with good results)

I'd use Military Surplus brass, LC if I could find it, and outside turn the necks for proper thickness.

Your best results will probably come with standard LR primers, such as Remington 9 1/2, and powders in the range of 4350-4831.

Barrel weight will depend on use. For range only, I'd get a "heavy sporter." If I was going to hunt with it, I'd go featherweight.

For a stock, McMillan!

OTOH, that's what I would do. your requirements/desires may well be different!:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.