5th strongest ccw state

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by JonM, May 25, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

if this passes wisconsin will be #5 in the country!! the republicans basically said fk it and combined both the permit and constitutional carry bills!!!

read more:
    Panel approves concealed carry law - TODAY'S TMJ4

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Excellent progress!

3. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

Wow.

I plan on getting a CCW in OH.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

WOOT, kinda like Florida without the sunshine! :D:D:D:D

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

i really want this version to pass its a strong start giving us constitutional carry open carry and a permit system.

ill be getting a permit and carrying my colt series 70 outside the pants but under my shirt!! dont have to worry about printing or accidentally showing the gun. im really hoping this goes through

permit holders wont have to worry about federal gun free school zones while non permit peeps will. i believe it gives law enforcement stronger penalties for goblins on the naughty list for possession. meaning hard time for them. which in my opinion is about damn time.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  6. JonM

JonM Moderator

*UPDATE*

JUST MOMENTS AGO WISCONSIN STATE SENATE PASSED A CONCEAL CARRY BILL!!!!

no details yet on what is actually in the bill or if any ammendments were mad to sb93

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

6 democrats including several super libs like lena taylor voted aye on the bill!! taylor makes pelosi look like a reasonable moderate

Senate passes concealed-carry bill - JSOnline

this is particularly HUGE for gun owners:

this is perfect poetic justice i want to imply kiss the person that put this in!!

this means that businesses and property owners who post "please rob, rape and murder me signs" are legally responsible for the safety and well being of their patrons if they prohibit firearms!!!!

8. twobadazbrothers

twobadazbrothers New Member

Now only if Illinois could learn from its neighbors we would be all good

9. Leatherneck1775

Leatherneck1775 New Member

My wife told me the assembly votes on Tuesday. Can't freaken wait!

10. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

Wow thats pretty awesome! And here I thought Tennessee had some pretty good gun laws (and by that I mean a lack of, of course).

Maybe Wisconsin will be moved to the correct side of the list if this passes.
    Handgun Carry Permit Reciprocity Information

I wish ya'll luck!

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That is most cool, but your post got me wondering.

What are the other four states?

Texas?
    Tennessee?
    Georgia?
    Nevada?

:confused::confused:

12. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

I wondered the same thing, I doubt tennessee is in the top 5 because you just cant carry a gun here without a permit. But we are shall issue, so who knows.... Maybe op knows!!! tell us!

13. Sonnypie

Sonnypie New Member

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

according to the local radio talk show host vicki mckenna the revised sb93 bill that will be up in the assembly as ammended by the senate if passed with no changes will be the second strongest ccw/oc law in effect due mainly to the responsibility of a property owner who posts a no carry sign being legally at risk if a goblin shoots the place up.

it also greatly neuters the idiotic gfsz crap. with almost no exempt areas for permit holders and grants permited folks who oc the same protections as ccw permit holders.

issuance of a permit costs are pretty cheap being 5 years at 35$ plus 13$back ground check. the permit will serve as your bg check for future handgun purchases in wis. so if you buy a lot of guns it will actually save money on the 4th handgun purchase in 5 years.

it will also allow for reciprocity with other states that have similiar or more stringent permit requirments.

over all this new bill is actually waaay better than the defunct constitutional carry bill i first posted about.

constitutional oc still applies but with out a permit oc people who choose not to get a permit have to deal with numerous exempt areas and dont have recourse in a posted area if something occurs.

15. Marthor

Marthor New Member

Best 5:
    Wisconsin, Alaska, Vermont, Arizona, and Wyoming

Worst 5:
    DC, Hawaii, Illinois, New Jersey and California

16. fixxer

fixxer New Member

Where is this information coming from? I'm lost here. I wanna play "my state vs yours" too and I've been trying to find out what states are ranked what since this thread was posted. Anyone got a ratings source? BTW, KS is not too shabby when it comes to CCW and firearms friendliness. We just passed a statute that goes into effect July 1st that allows us to conceal carry on state owned hunting/camping property. I wonder if that will effect our ratings... You would be shocked how many places restrict this and open carry of non-shoulderable firearms on any type of state owned property. We'll also be allowed to use suppressors while hunting if we feel like it ;) No more ringing ears vs. earplugs problem when dispatching furry critters (for those of us who can pass the Federal NFA check) :) Needless to say, the threaded barrels on my FNP-45 and my Rem 700 AAC SD weren't going to be naked for very long to begin with. The rest is just gravy.

17. Marthor

Marthor New Member

Wisconsin, Alaska, Vermont, Arizona, and Wyoming are the only 5 states with no restictions. Anyone can carry without even getting a permit!

DC, Hawaii, Illinois and New Jersey are "no-Issue" to the general citizen. You can't get a carry permit if you're just a regular citizen.

The only position that could be "debated" is California. Many California counties have "no issue" policies and CA has many other restrictions.

Maryland & Massachusetts could debate with CA to join the bottom five. I guess someone that's trying to be picky could also argue that DC isn't a state.

Info is from my "Traveler's guide to firearms laws in the 50 states" that I got off Amazon and also the wiki link posted above by Sonnypie. :cool:

18. Missouribound

Missouribound Active Member

No restrictions?

I'm all for Wisconsin joining the ranks of a ccw allowed state. Don't hold your breath waiting for Illinois though, I lived there most of my life and I know the BS there and I just don't see it happening. But as far as no restrictions? That's just not right. Training and a permit should be the LEAST required. I'm sure that everyone here knows at least one person that absolutely shouldn't be allowed to carry. Without some kind of litmus test to carry it takes away the the meaning of the privelige. Here in Missouri there is training and of course the required background checks. I think that knowing that the guy or gal next to me with a concealed weapon has completed SOME sort of qualification is a little bit reassuring, rather than saying "here's your gun, don't shoot yourself" as the competency check.
    Just my opinion.......

19. camiller

camiller New Member

Using the word privilege (misspelled or not) to describe a right, takes away from the meaning of the concept of rights.

20. Missouribound

Missouribound Active Member

Thanks "teach" for the spelling correction. The right to bear arms is a right, no question about it. Concealed carry is a privilege you must rightly earn / deserve not by mere existence but through deserved qualification.