Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by dnthmn2004, May 11, 2008.

1. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I'm thinking of getting a .50 caliber revolver. These are not easy to come by where I live, but those who I have talked to would prefer the S&W 500. Probably because S&W is in MA. I would like to know anyones opinion on the S&W 500 vs the Taurus Raging Bull 500.

2. h&k bigdaddydieseldan

h&k bigdaddydieseldan New Member

S&W All the way after all they are the ones that created the .500 sw :D :D :D :D

3. Zappa

Zappa New Member

I don't know where in Mass you live, but every gun shop I've been in recently have had S&W.500's in stock. The Gun Room on RT#9 in Shrewsbury had at least 6 or 7 in the case last week. McIleheneys in Waltham has a few and so does Four Seasons in Woburn. These actually seem to be quite easy to find here in Mass., However, Tommyguns are a different story. Even though they are also made in Mass. (At the Kahr factory in Worcester) nobody seems to have one for sale. :mad:

4. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Looks like Im going to be doing some shopping down south.

5. Catfish

Catfish New Member

I`ve owned 2 .500 S&W, a production model and a Preformance Center model. What they are good for I don`t know, but I really like shooting them. I also own a Rageing Bull in .454 which I really like, BUT, I have heard so horror stories about some of the Taurius gun and their repair service, or lack there of. While I like my .454 I don`t think I`ll be buying any more of their guns.

6. seedy

seedy Member

The Dersert Eagle in.50AE runs about the same price as a 500 s&w. I don't know about you but I have a hard time thinking which would be more fun to shoot. I have no doubt that the Desert Eagle would be more pleasant to shoot!;)