500 Yutes Go Wilding in Chicago Miracle Mile

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by MattShlock, Mar 31, 2013.

1. MattShlock

MattShlock New Member

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Boy, just LOVE that article!!!

"The warmest day of the year so far brings hundreds of mischievous teens to Michigan Avenue."

Let's see now- assault of a police officer, assault and battery, mob violence, and robbery.

Yeah- nothing but mischief here. Nothing to see. Move along now.

3. shouldazagged

shouldazagged New Member

Yeah, those kids that rode with Attila the Hun sure were a mischievous bunch. Lots of mischief with those high-spirited Viking raiders, too.

Damn...

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

weather gettin warm and the criminal elimiment has been empowered by a state that makes self defense a crime... is it really a surprise??

5. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

And yet no one said nothin'. Surprise, surprise, surprise.

6. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Hey now! WTF? :mad:

7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

YO! What do you am mean, you

VIKING people ?

8. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

The Vikings pillaged foreign lands for fun. These jokers are trashing their own city and their own people. No honor and glory in that.

And seriously, 500 kids plan this weeks in advance over social media and no adults knew about it? What is wrong here?

9. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

Now just hoping my wife doesn't see what little news was reported on it. So far most of the coverage was local and she doesn't read blogs.

Not sure when my next trip is. I've encountered mob violence before. My solution then was to get the hell out of the area, not just off the streets. I'm trying to come up with a plan if this happens again while I am in town.

I enjoy visiting Chicago, but I don't think they are equipped to really deal with this problem. It will take generational change and an admission that their ideals are not working.

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

And the shootings will rise, too, with the warmer weather.

11. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Does a heart good to see 500 of our Nations future voters, activists and political leaders, shaping a positive present and soon to be future America..:rolleyes:

:eek:

12. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Last year, while watching the mess in Egypt as mobs filled the streets and violence went seemingly unchecked, my wife commented on how nice that things like that do not happen around us?..How terrible that would be to observe from our yard...
    I explained that, although emotions could be high anywhere and mobs are dangerous no matter the country, there are just too many armed homeowners around here to provide sufficient escalation timeframe and "stage" for such an occurrence.

Had not thought of that discussion until I managed to find some decent coverage of the mob actions (not easy to do) and learned what I could about the events.

Oh, and about assaulting a mounted officer!....must be a REALLY a different world in Chicago!

13. shouldazagged

shouldazagged New Member

Jeez, sorry Vikingdad! I meant to say VISIGOTH raiders! ;)

14. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I sure am glad I turned down that job in Chicago 30 years ago.:)

15. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Sorry - Chi-town area is home, and it really is a great city. Hate to see it being bashed because of some idiots and the lack of politicians to address it correctly.

Can't put all the blame on the CPD. They have their own internal issues, and are understaffed and out-gunned. There isn't a local police force in the States that could handle a flash mob of 500 people instantaneously without shooting or tear gassing everyone. Overall it looks like it was handled as peacefully as possible with minimal injuries.

Saying you don’t want to visit or work in Chicago now is like saying you won’t go to a movie in Aurora, CO or send your kids to school in Newtown, NT anymore. Crime is everywhere. With the amount of people living , working and visiting the downtown/Mag Mile area and museum campus/Grant Park area, the violent crime that actually takes place per population density I think is fairly low.

Like any big city especially, you have to be aware of your surroundings and keep your guard up. Criminals walk among us every day and we’re not aware of it. We just try not to make ourselves easy victims, no matter what city we’re in.

16. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

Horrible comparison considering this is not the first time this kind of attack has happened and Chicago leads the country in homicides.

I feel downtown Dallas is far safer than downtown Chicago anytime of day or night. Yes, situational awareness is always king, but if I had to choose which one to walk the streets at 2am I know which one I'd pick right now.

17. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Well, we are the murder capital of the country. It just doesn't happen to be downtown. Yes, more people killed here than any mass shooting. The comments here though make the central part of the city where the majority of people work and visit sound like a war zone. It's not at all. I have no issue walking around down here than I would walking around in Dallas, regardless that you can carry there and we can't. Tourists and business people are not the one's getting shot. It's the gang bangers and the innocent people living near-by, generally in the $hitty parts of the city that are getting shot.

Yep - we had a flash mob. Are we going to ban social media now? Can't have kids going crazy in the streets running wild now can we? Should Chicago post signs this is a social media free zone - no flash mobs allowed? Social media caused this to happen, right? Are you going to hide in your homes because the world has gone crazy? Stop overreacting everyone.

18. downsouth

downsouth New Member

No, just avoid killing zones. My brother has lived in Chicago for 35 years. He lives 1 1/2 miles from grand central station where he works. The accounts he tells leads me to believe a healthy fear of (chitcago) is not overreacting. He retires in just over a year and is counting the days like a vietnam shortimer before he can move to NW Arkansas. Don't feel picked on my hometown of Memphis is septic as well. Most inner cities are cess pools. That's just the facts.

19. MattShlock

MattShlock New Member

Not working? You must be mistaken. The Community Organizer in Chief is exporting it from Chicago to the whole nation!

20. MattShlock

MattShlock New Member

Actually, I knew a guy who was being nabbed at a beach in New York for something like drinking in public or cutting school, whatever, but he scared the mounted cop's horse, it threw him, and he got away!