500 s&w

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by deathvalley8250cal, Jul 24, 2012.

1. deathvalley8250cal

deathvalley8250cal New Member

What is the best ammo overall for a 500 s&w?? (im trying to go loud also so would 700 grain do also??)

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Big gun syndrome?

[​IMG]

3. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

Thanks for the laugh :) I spit Diet Coke on my computer but it made me laugh. There is a female instructor at the range I go to who was a Marine and shoots competition. Every time she sees a guy come in with a .500 S&W, .460 Magnum or a .50 Dessert Eagle that they are hitting everything but the target with she will go change her shirt and go out to the range shooting next to them wearing a tee shirt with a cartoon of a guy holding a revolver that is bigger than him with a caption under it saying "Sorry About Your Penis". Most of the time the guys don't even realize it but everyone else at the range laughs.

4. Clem

Clem Member

Depends on what you want to do. If you want to make noise, then a nice 325 to 350 gr. bullet and lots of slow powder to blow through the comp. If you just want to have some nice fun, then a 325 to 375 gr. lead bullet with Trailboss makes a very nice, soft, accurate load. And of course, anything in between.

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I had to like that :p