Firearms Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have one of these? I have only put 5 rounds through it but boy do I like this thing. I am hoping to take it pig hunting this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Don't own one, but have shot a friends. Bullets are pricey! I always wanted that calibre in a pistol as a conversation piece.

·
Banned
1,903 Posts
Cool. Whats the maximum effective range for a standard factory load?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't really know. Probably not all that far. I plan on using it for pig hunting. So hopefully between 30-60 yards. I need to get out and shoot it more but I have to finance rounds for it they are so expensive.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Cool. Whats the maximum effective range for a standard factory load?
I think they should be good for right around a 100 yds. They say they are essentially the same performance of a 12 gauge slug..........
That`s a cool rifle, I have a bunch of Handi-rifles but no .500 S&W Mag.

·
Banned
1,903 Posts
Only 100? My grandpas friend had a 44mag that he took deer with at 150 yards regularly.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was actually at my local shop looking at another 30-30 and he said hey check this thing out and I just couldn't say no. I am a big fan of the odd guns.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I knew a guy that had one with a scope. It shot very well at a 100yd. It kept shearing scope rings until he bought heavy duty rings.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine has the fiber optic sights and I kinda dig them. I will probably run them for a bit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts