Firearms Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the election coming up there is no telling how much time is left to buy a new firearm.
We all hope, pray, and vote for the best but if obama gets back in we may never be able to
buy another gun. (they probably won't take away hunting riffles but I'm going to say all guns just in case).

I just bought a new xd45. I have not even picked it up from the shop yet. My wife told me to go ahead and buy another gun with a $500 budget before taxes. Problem is when I buy a gun I'm like a kid in a toy store. I just can't decide.

So dose anybody have any suggestions. If you had $500 and could only have one more gun what would it be. (if a handgun preferably something in 9mm or .40)

·
Banned
0 Posts
if i had $500 and could only buy one more, if possible, another 1911 type in either 9mm or 45acp. even if i had to buy it used.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
If you are really worried about guns becoming banned I'd spend the 500 on ammo for guns you already have. If there are no guns being sold then there would be less ammo being made making it harder to come by.

·
Banned
0 Posts
If you are really worried about guns becoming banned I'd spend the 500 on ammo for guns you already have. If there are no guns being sold then there would be less ammo being made making it harder to come by.
pretty good point Jordan! might have to retract my choice and go with as much ammo as $500 will buy.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
You could be on to something, the 2nd ammendment only survived by 1 vote in the Supreme Court a couple of yrs ago. And if Obama gets the chance to appoint a lefty judge or 2, what you speak of is a very real possibility.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
My husband has a Ruger P95 and they are very reasonable. It's 9mm.
I have a P-90, and a P-95, i agree they are great guns for the money.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just can't get over the thought that I need something in 9mm .40 or maybe a AK.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Glock 17 I know where to get one new for 475 bucks. And a place to buy them slightly used with night sights for $400 out the door..... Plus you can get 33round mags for it.... Compact assault weapon?

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
lbwar15 said:
I just can't get over the thought that I need something in 9mm .40 or maybe a AK.
My husband has a Glock 35 which is a .40 but he bought a conversion barrel to make it a 9 mm because ammo is cheaper. He technically has two guns for the price of one because swapping the barrel out is really fast.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Get the 9mm, or a .45, if things get bad the .40 ammo will be hard to find, and real expensive.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have Ben seriously thanking of getting a g22 or 23 with a 9mm and .357 sig barrel. Then I will have 3 in 1

·
Banned
38 Posts
lbwar15 said:
With the election coming up there is no telling how much time is left to buy a new firearm.
We all hope, pray, and vote for the best but if obama gets back in we may never be able to
buy another gun. (they probably won't take away hunting riffles but I'm going to say all guns just in case).

I just bought a new xd45. I have not even picked it up from the shop yet. My wife told me to go ahead and buy another gun with a $500 budget before taxes. Problem is when I buy a gun I'm like a kid in a toy store. I just can't decide.

So dose anybody have any suggestions. If you had $500 and could only have one more gun what would it be. (if a handgun preferably something in 9mm or .40)
Spend it on ammo or the Beretta 92fs series, m&p, or glock 19 or 22

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I'm at the don't need anymore gun stage and would probably put the $500 into ammo. If I had to buy a firearm, it would be a short barrel 12 gauge. I've already got a few thousand rounds for 12 gauge.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts