.50 GI conversions

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by ZombieBrawler, Mar 26, 2012.

1. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

What do you all think of the .50 cal conversions from guncrafter industries? Anyone have one? Just curious no im not buying one so dont go on getting your panties in a bunch saying its sooo impractical ect blah blah blah :)

2. fudo

fudo New Member

They are very well built, but are outrageously expensive, and I've never seen ammo for one. You could buy a 10mm and have all the gun you need.

3. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Very true on both ends haha you can buy a nice new gun for the conversion price and ammo? Ha!

4. Kenney

Kenney New Member

What guns does it work on?

5. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Glock ohhhh 23/24 i think it is and 1911 variants

6. Kenney

Kenney New Member

I went on their site but all I saw was whole weapons.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

It sounds good but its almost identical to 45acp. Kinda like the diff tween tween 9mm and 40sw.

If you want a subtantial improvement for the 1911 try the 460 rowland. 44mag level performance and brass is pretty easy to get. Still uses standard 45acp bullets. You do need to reload for it as factory ammo isnt terribly cheap

Rowland kits drop in most existing 1911 glocks and xd/m and use already existing mags for the 45acp versions of those guns. If you have 45acp loading dies thats all you need other than brass and .452 bullets

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  8. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

In purchasing there should be the kits, last time i was on the glock one was over $600 •.•

9. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Haha sounds like a pain in the *** all the way around, *keeping my .45* haha

10. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

+1
    I was thinking the same thing. Unless you absolutely must have the .50 diameter, and are willing to pay the premium, the .460 is a much better choice.

11. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

.50GI seems pretty lame to me. It's an extremely slow round, so you're essentially flushing money down the toilet in order to "say" you've got a 50-cal. The performance does nothing that the more practical 45acp won't already accomplish.

Better off with a 10mm or 460Row.

12. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Lol hence i stick to .45 haha. If you need something with fire power like that handheld, get a grenade...