.50 BP revolver

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by trip286, Jan 24, 2012.

1. trip286

trip286 New Member

Does anyone make one?

2. KAB

KAB New Member

Only Customs

Only Customs , and they are based on the Ruger Old Army .
    No production revolvers that I am aware of though ?
    Not sure the Market would support it anywayz . Thats probably why there aint any . Most people are into Historically "somewhat" accurate copies anywayz . I'd buy one though :D LOL....
    Plus the accuracy of a .451 to .457 with a BP charge of around 900 FPS is pretty accurate , and not too sure the .50 could match it ? But for terminal knockdown power of the .50 would be awsome !
    You should start milling one up today for us :D

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

I saw one that the seller claimed was a .50 but I didn't even look at it because I didn't have the money and I was about 10 years old.

I think it would be cool as hell.

4. KAB

KAB New Member

Clements .50

Trip , this is as close as it gets in the .50 Revolver for cap and ball .
    This is Clements version . It is actually a .49 caliber , but hell , close enough , LOL :D ....Obviously the base revolver is the Ruger Old Army

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'll take it. Lol. I wonder if you can use a .50 ball? Don't most BP revolvers shave a bit of the ball when loaded? It would be easier to find .50 balls I believe, if they just shave down to fit.

6. KAB

KAB New Member

Actually

Actually they purposely made it to shoot standard .50 Round Ball which measure .490 , and bore is .485 .
    Or conicals at .488 ................
    There you go , and I think he is still making them to this date actually . Bring your Bank Account :D

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

That's close enough. But people have a tendency to laugh at my bank account!

8. KAB

KAB New Member

Lol

LOL , you too huh :D

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

Hah! I need two forms of photo ID and a thumb print to buy toilet paper with cash!

10. KAB

KAB New Member

Heck

Heck , your doin better than me then , I have to use my cash "AS" toilet paper in this economy ? :D
    I run my credit card through them new fangled machines and it just starts to smokes in the machine ?
    Good thing Clements company only takes Gold Bullion ;)

11. rodent.22

rodent.22 New Member

What's ''toilet paper''? some sort of newsletter?:eek:

12. KAB

KAB New Member

Thats just wrong

Now Rodent , that is just wrong ! :D
    I like you already !

PS...Nice pics you posted on the other threads ;)

13. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Well, now, my Brother-in-Law, who used to be in the business, used to say he was annoyed at a guy shooting a .458 Win Mag. at the range and so was gonna show up with his .50 Walker and teach him a lesson.

First, I have no evidence he ever actually got to a range. Second, of course a black powder revolver isn't teaching anyone who shoots a gun that disconnects retinas ANYTHING. Third, I didn't believe him when he said he had a .50 Walker (had to be a coupla decades ago now). Fourth, he never did do it. Fifth and finally, my Brother-in-Law, whom my Father refered to as "that clown," is FOS in basically everything he says and the very little he does.

I've never seen or heard of one, but, doesn't mean one wasn't out there.