.50 bmg

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by maxdemers1, Aug 16, 2011.

1. maxdemers1

maxdemers1 New Member

I know pointless and no real reason to have one but I want one so bad, what is the cheapest complete gun yet still good quality and all that good stuff... I probally sound like an idiot or something though but IDC I want one so bad haha:D

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

some states they are illegal. maryland is a very marxist state. check your state laws.

another issue is the sheer power of the round many ranges ban them. to fire one safely you need several miles of clear terrain behind your target. its a very very very powerful round.

3. maxdemers1

maxdemers1 New Member

lol yeah i know I havent checked MD`s stupid gun laws thanks to dumb people around here I really just want to know I should plan to spend not saying im going to get one...just yet lol

4. usmcprofessional

usmcprofessional New Member

you can get a bolt action upper for like 1300. but for the famous barrett. meh, 4-10k

5. maxdemers1

maxdemers1 New Member

it says that MD imposes various regulations on transfers of .50 cal rifles, can anybody explain what that means or what they are ect ect? California is the only state that they are not allowed.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The cost of the rifle is NOT the cost of 50 BMG ownership!

7. Wambli

Wambli New Member

Yep, you have to FEED the baby and make sure it has glass that will allow you to make use of the horse power you are getting out of it. You also have to find a range that will allow you to spread it's wings (1,000 yards+) and then there is the pesky little detail that if you go for the lowest cost option in platform and glass you will probably NOT get the accuracy that will allow you to enjoy what the .50 can actualy do. So you end up with a really loud expensive to shoot stick that many ranges won't allow you to shoot...

Just a thought...

8. maxdemers1

maxdemers1 New Member

well I know a few places that I would have more then enough room to shoot it so that isnt a concern of mine lol just getting it is

9. usmcprofessional

not to mention its 5 bucks a damn round. 45 bucks a full magazine....or is this a "i only need one round" type of deal...cause i see your from the land of mary, and i umm, wait, someones at the door, brb.

10. maxdemers1

maxdemers1 New Member

no me and my buddy are big time shooters and both want one Idc how much a round it will just keep me from shooting it to much i guess in a way :p

11. usmcprofessional

HAHAH no it wont. its a .50BMG. come on, id sell my tv for ammo to fire it.

12. maxdemers1

maxdemers1 New Member

ok yeah your right but thats besides the point ;) i have the areas to be able to shoot it lol