50,000th Member Privileges?

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by crash11049, Feb 13, 2020.

1. crash11049

crash11049 Well-Known Member Supporter

Forum Statistics
    Discussions:
    Members:

OK I want to start off with a confession ...I was gona do it. lol
    Hmmmm Start up 3 new screen names to be the 50,000 member to join this group.
    All the greed, and thoughts of the rewards that being #50,000 would bring.
    My imagination went wild,
    Entrance to the Admin executive lounge.
    Unlimited sampling of the top shelf liquor bar.
    Free use of the executive bathroom , I hear they use the fancy 2 ply stuff.
    And since the indoor plumbing is clogged, the 55 gallon drum temporary toilet needs to be emptied soon.
    Free use of the Jacuzzi even though I heard that's it's not so nice, a plastic blue kids
    swimming pool with a shop vac hooked up backwards for bubbles.
    Hmmmm... it all doesn't sound so bad after you sample a few of the top shelf liquors .
    So what say you, what will the lucky # 50,000 possibly be rewarded with?

Or does the new guy buy a round for the rest of us?
    And have bathroom clean up duty for life ...and have to put the stall door back on.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  2. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

50,000?...... how many actually make post, what do think? 30?

3. armoredman

armoredman Well-Known Member

Burp. The booze ain't so good...

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

That was a great post, Crash.

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  5. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes! And don't forget the cookies.

Double-stuffed Oreos will suffice!

ellis

6. winds-of-change

A box of Girl Scout cookies of our choice for each of us.

ellis36 likes this.
  7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Well, the one to hit the magic number has a plethora- a veritable plethora of special items that were selected by our team of expert shoppers at the Salvage Barn Clearance aisle.

First they get a smoking jacket. Fire Department says it should quit smoking pretty soon.

They get their own key to the Moderator's helicopter. We have not HAD a helicopter since that unfortunate accident in 1967, but we still have keys.

There is an all expense paid one year trip for one to Afghanistan. Boarding is next Tuesday, 0500 hrs at Pope Air Force Base. Bring your own parachute. Goat is optional.

For beverages they win two quarts of..... we're really not sure. It is either that really cheap vodka that Balota picked up in Estonia, or battery acid. The labels fell off, but they seem to work either way.

We also have a first edition copy of Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Gold Plated Desert Eagles, written by some youngster in Holland that we banned 3 times.

Be sure to invite your friends, former friends, and future former friends to sign up today!

8. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

sounds about right. right now, there are more guest and robots then members

Total: 216 (members: 10, guests: 177, robots: 29)

maybe the weekend there are more

kfox75 and PeeJay1313 like this.
  9. dmodguy

dmodguy Member Supporter

Sometimes it’s hard to respond to y’all. It’s not like you need information on the bulk of topics!

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  10. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Sometimes as high as 35 to 40 members, but still mainly bots and visitors. But even that is rare.

i would like to know the actual, ACTIVE member stats. IE, how many are still being counted after passing on or a serious health issue, (Canebrake, Riverrat68, and Wilshoum come to mind), ones that have left or been forced out by other members, (Fathead2000, Zombiegirl, AnnaPurna, Vincine, Shadamae, and more than i can list here) and how many banned members (Shoobee, Dog2000TJ, Trip286, Dallas53, Axxe55, Marlinman, and many others) are still counted here. And just how many one hit wonders, and drop ins we have as well, some of which do still post once in a blue moon.

As I have posted in other threads, we don't even get 20,000 members worth of activity, lurkers, and posts on these boards.

that being said, the actual number may not be accurate, when it comes to users currently on the board as well. Some of us, myself and Winds among them, turn off our status light (Corner of the user's post, upper left, will show a green triangle, when you are logged in, and you want it to be know by others), because we tend to be private people. Only time you know we are on is when we post, and it shows up in the latest posts feed. In my case, it because I spend more time lurking than posting.

i think it would be interesting to see just what the actual numbers are.

While that can be true, sometimes information does change over time, as new things are learned. We also like getting opinions of others, and enjoy passing that knowledge on, when asked.

hell, my wife just picked up that H&R 922, which several members on here would know about, have few questions about it, but the information I got from posting it, helped us out greatly. Same with the couple threads when i was asking about suppressors, when deciding if I anted to get one, or integrally suppress on of my rifles.

And it was nice to talk about a firearm for a change.

Contrary to popular belief, most of us on here do learn new things every day, and every time we log on. A few of us make it a goal to learn at least one new thing every day, me being one of them. I also enjoy sharing my knowledge and experiences with others. otherwise, I would not have come back, when I left a couple years ago.

JRDallas likes this.
  11. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

Yep,Those numbers are a great big lie! People come and go,but they do not get subtracted from the " Member " roster.
    I'd be willing to bet that 90% or more of that 50k are one hit wonders,or have less than 20 post.

winds-of-change, kfox75 and JRDallas like this.
  12. winds-of-change

Probably true.