5 M/m

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by 2gun, May 2, 2008.

1. 2gun

2gun New Member

The forum said Rimfire so does anyone see the 5m/m's comming out of the closet now that ammo is available? Is it going to be like the .22WRF when they reproduced it? Still a lot of the ammo out there but haven't seen any shooting them.

2. blackhawk45

blackhawk45 New Member

I'll be shooting my 591M, as soon as I can get my hands on some fresh ammo ! I have 125 rounds of old Rem. 5MM ammo,but I'm going to hang on to that.

3. 2gun

2gun New Member

I had a chance to buy a contender barrel reasonable but I had to take the 5 boxes of ammo and that made it out of the fun range.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Likely that owners of 5mmRFs will be shooting them- but do I see a future for the 5mm? IMNSHO, no- the 17RF has been hyped (and sold) too much.

5. 2gun

2gun New Member

I know it will cost a little more but how can you put aprice on a good time.
    I wonder about the .17 moch 2 : Will it survive and stay in production. I havn't seen a 5m/m for sale for a long time.

6. tuck2

tuck2 New Member

Some info about the Rem 5 MM rimfire round is at www.aguilaammo.com and www.varminter.com CZ may be makeing a rifle for the 5 MM rimfire round. Remington made a Mdl 591 and 592 bolt action rifles years ago . There are a lot of 17 HM2 fans at www.rimfirecentral.com so it will be around for some time. Eley and CCI are makeing 17 HM2 ammo but some of the firearms manufactors have stopped makeing the 17 HM2 rifles.

7. 2gun

2gun New Member

I got my 5m/m but it was too late for the gopher season. It is more than a little bit of fun busting cans. I'll give you a report on the leathel effect in the spring.