5.56 to 5.45 bolt

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by sbeezy, Jul 23, 2013.

1. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

I've been searching for a 5.45 bolt for months now with no luck. When I finally found a guy who had one I let on that I haven't been able to find one which prompted him to hold on to it singe could get more money. So my question is, would it be a good idea to just buy a 5.56 BCG and get ye bolt widened to fit the 5.45 case? I've read about it being doable but didn't think it was worth it until now. I'd beget a professional to do it of course. Any thoughts?

2. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

Bump

I'm thinking about getting a 5.56 Bcg soon and having the bolt opened up for 5.45. Any opinions?

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have been talking to a machinist about this . He said it can be done but not sure the extractor will be right . Just waiting to hear back :(

4. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

Spikes Tactical makes some but they're $225 on www.aimsurplus.com and they're sold out.

5. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

Yeah let me know what you hear. I've read a little about people saying it can be done but not from anyone who's done it.

And I've seen the spikes one. Pricy and sold out. I dot WANT to spend 225, but I may have to.

6. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

You hear anything back from the machinist?

7. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

I'm gonna bump this one last time just because I can't find a 5.45 bolt or any info on converting a 5.56 bolt.,

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

My guy doesn't think it will hold up and it appears the extractor is different

9. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

Dang. It looks like I'll just have to be patient and keep looking. I didn't really like the idea of modifying a bolt anyway, but I would have if it worked. Thanks.