5.56 Question???

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by fatmidgets, Feb 12, 2012.

1. fatmidgets

fatmidgets New Member

What would happen if you shot a 60 or even 50 something grain bullet out of a mil-spec barrel with a with a 1:7 twist?

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Nothing at all. Thurs, two of use made quite the mess on the floor w/ spent cases (55gr, 1:7 barrels).

3. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

As MJ stated nothing bad would happen at all! They will shoot fine. You would probably find if you were bench shooting the weapon for the tightest group you could get. The faster 1:7 Twist would best like something in the 62+ grain and heavier bullet weights would give you a tighter group, But other than that the 55 grains will shoot fine. And especialy if you are shooting in a tactical mode! And not precision shooting as I am sure you will not be!:)

4. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Nothing you'd notice inside of 2-300 yds.

5. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

It would go downrange and eventually hit something.

6. fireman1296

fireman1296 New Member

The guy comes on here with a question about the performance of I light round in a barrel with a 1:7 twist and you just can't help but come up with that smart $&@ answer? Guys like you need to be banned from this place.

7. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Ban the moderator? Good luck w/that.

8. fireman1296

fireman1296 New Member

He, of all people, should be giving good advice, and not being a royal A hole.

9. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

I guess I just took it differently.

10. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Somebody's a little grumpy this evening.

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Probably just read the Bushmaster thread! :D

12. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Now that's just mean.... :D

13. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

He'd already been given about 4 answers. Not sure how many times you can answer the same question.

14. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

You're the only one being a "royal A hole". You come on here calling names then cry to a mod when someone gives fact that casts a negative shadow on your favorite rifle.

I don't know how old you are but man the **** up.

15. erandyc

erandyc New Member

Gee, I thought the original answer was a bullseye.

16. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I think Fireman And Mjkeat need to meet in a parking lot next Wednesday, ScottA can be there to draw a chalk line on the ground and have both of these guys stand side by side to see once and for ALL who can pee the FARTHEST.

Scott, we expect you to upload the video. Without this crucial evidence we'll have nothing but A Hole comments flying till next summer.

Tack

17. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I was all in until you mentioned peeing, I have a little penis and it's cold out ;).

I don't hold grudges and don't carry things from thread to thread. My actions are based solely from his actions in this thread. I would have said something regardless who was calling names.

He changes his pic which I imagine was an attempt to stir the pot then starts calling mods names. This mod in paticular has slapped my hand a couple times in the past yet you don't see me calling him names. fireman needs to get it in check.

18. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

HAHAHA...He said "little penis" HAHAHA

19. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

Yeah, it's snowing here now.

20. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Let me look outside.

Sure is. What's up w/ that? The wife checked the weather at 10p and they said nothing about snow. Definitely not pulling out my little wallet in this weather.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012