5.56 gas piston AR 15...thoughts?

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by runthrukilla, Aug 28, 2011.

1. runthrukilla

runthrukilla New Member

I am doing research on building a custom AR 15 with a gas piston and want to put an ACR stock on it does any one got any tips?

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Welcome to the forum. We have an "Introductions" area where you can inform us of your other accomplishments.

Coming in "cold" like this (only 1 post by you as I write this) makes me leery of providing tips that, in inexperienced hands, could result in a destroyed firearms and injured people.

3. runthrukilla

runthrukilla New Member

I don't know where to find the introduction area, if you could direct me I would gladly go and post

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Go to the "Home" at the top menu bar.
    Drop down to the 3rd line.
    Post a new thread.

Welcome to the forum!
    Thanks -Dan

5. runthrukilla

runthrukilla New Member

The biggest questions I have before I buy my parts to put my AR 15 together is what barrel should I go with, in other words what barrel tends to be more reliable and last the longest? and has anybody heard or know how to put bushmaster ACR stock on the AR 15? And before any one asks yes I know how to put AR style rifles together generally and for the spots were im not sure my friends in combat arms ill be asking for help will be sure(they do it for a living)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  6. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Have you considered getting a complete upper that is gas piston? POF makes a great barrel and piston system. I don't know if you can buy the barrel separate though, they don't list it on their website.

7. runthrukilla

runthrukilla New Member

No I haven't but ill definitely will look into it

8. JohnJak

JohnJak Member