5.56/.223 brass deals?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by JuggaloT8r, Jan 8, 2013.

1. JuggaloT8r

JuggaloT8r New Member

Looking for affordable ammo for my AR. Anyone know where some good prices are?

2. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

From Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore you can still get Twin Cities M196 TRACER 5.56MM 820 ROUNDS for $349.99. So a little less than $.43 per round is about the best deal I have found for ammo that is still in stock right now. And the best part is it is brass cased so you can save the fired brass to reload or save it and sell it to another reloader like myself on gunbroker!

3. JuggaloT8r

JuggaloT8r New Member

I'll check it out. Thanks. And for future reference wats your account name on gun broker for the casings?

4. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

No longer is there such a thing as "affordable" .223/5.56 ammo. I'd use tracers myself, but many ranges seem to ban them as they dislike fire. The most "reasonable" price I have found lately on non-tracer ammo is $575 + Shipping for 1000 rounds. And believe me I've been looking a LOT. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=325258687

5. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

6. JuggaloT8r

JuggaloT8r New Member

Just ordered 500 of the 55gr and no sign of them running out soon. Thanks for the heads up

7. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Cool man! Just curious, what did the confirmation email say after the purchase?

8. RiverRat68

RiverRat68 RiverRat68 Supporter

Ammo

You might want to check with my boss, at BrassManBrass.com I know things are tight right now, but that varies from day to day.

9. JuggaloT8r

JuggaloT8r New Member

Wait about 30 days on delivery and I'll have to check for other details.

10. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Cool. Update us on how long it takes to get it, if you will

11. JuggaloT8r

JuggaloT8r New Member

Sure thing

12. lopequa

lopequa New Member

Is this stuff reloads? Never fired reloads in my ar not sure how it would do?

13. JuggaloT8r

JuggaloT8r New Member

Yep. They meet military specifications which is good enough for me. In basic its actually what we fired on the qualification range and we never had a problem so a newer AR shouldn't have a problem with them