5.11 Gear

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Simpleman, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Simpleman

Simpleman New Member

I was wondering if any of y'all have tried out the clothing line 5.11 it's suppose to be for our kind of breed. My local gun store has it and of course they try and sell it and say it's the best but have no clue please let me know what y'all think of the 5.11 thanks, Simple man.

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I have two pairs of Tactical pants. They are tough as nails. As is just about every thing they make.

Blackhawk make good pants too as does Vertex. Supporting members here can sign up for a web site called Promotive and get Vertex Tactical Clothing at 50% off Retail.

I also have a 5.11 belt and man I think you could hang a car by that thing.

3. truevil1313

truevil1313 New Member

I have there pants, belt and several shirts. They are well made and have lasted for some time now. No complaints here.

4. hogrider

hogrider New Member

I have a belt only so can't say about any if their other gear but I have two complaints. It's made in China one. And the buckle is very cheap. Didn't know that before I bought it. Other than that, it is fairly well made. But would I buy another........no.

5. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I've bought their station wear pants. Heavy fabric, strong stitching, fits like it should for the size as compared to my wrangler jeans. The station wear pants have pockets in the knees for neoprene kneepads. I don't know if the tactical line has these or not, makes sense if they do.

6. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I like the tactical pants, well-made, good cut, reinforced knees, wide belt loops, plenty of gear pockets placed where they make sense and comfortable.

Tactical Tailor is also another good vendor.

7. Simpleman

Simpleman New Member

Man thank y'all for replying so quickly cpttango30 thanks I will look into the others as well thanks y'all again. I love this site!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  8. locnload

locnload Member

I really like the 511 Tacticle pants, they are comfortable, tough, and decent looking enough for all but the most formal occasions. Kind of expensive if you compare to what you could pick up at Wally World, but the 511s will last. I also love the 8" ATAC boots with the zippers on the side as well as the laces so you can lace them up snug, then use the zipper to slip them on or off quickly. As a volunteer fire fighter, that is a big deal, believe me. Good stuff, you can't go wrong with it. ;)

9. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

You should be supporting a Virginia company man.

Guys Check Quantico Tactical Supply out. I have been to their retail outlet (That is where I got my 5.11 pants) great guys they were laughing and joking with me while I was in there. Customer Service is great as well...

Quantico Tactical Supply Gear - Apparel - Weapons

11. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

I have never seen it

Thanks for the heads up I didn't know they were there I get out that way couple times a year to the Quantico base exchange to check out their gun shop.I'll definitely get buy there soon.:cool:

12. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I use their pants and have not even come close to wearing out a pair.

Picked up about a dozen pairs when one of the local online stores was closing out the old style. Still have 11 pairs in the wrapper, 5 years later.

13. Kain

Kain Member

For school we have their "Tactical" pants and the consensus among the class has been that they SUCK!!! Granted, they'll be around til we're all dead, but that's the only good part. Everyone's pants have faded from a deep navy blue to a "faded-denim" hue that just looks tacky. The side pockets are small and nearly useless. The rear "slit" pockets are odd as your wallet will end up at the back of your knee caps unless you're 6'+ As you walk it sounds like you're wearing snow pants. People can hear us walking from 20 feet away. And they were expensive. We could have bought high-quality Elbeco pants for the same price and actually looked professional.

14. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

I have 2 pairs of their Tacticle pants because thats the only pants they sell of KAF in afghanistan that i could find, they are comfy to wear and do have plenty of pockets but you will find them in places where putting crap in them is very akward well for me any way, like a cell phone pocket of the side of your knee...really? idk though i dont mind them, good work pants.

15. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I think we have different pants. Mine are all digital dez and have not faded at all (though I'm still on the first pair). And the pockets on mine are well placed and functional. And mine were all $5 to $19 on closeout, online.

16. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Late to the thread, but I've got 4 pairs of the Taclite Pro Pants. They are by far the most comfortable and durable pants I've ever owned. I don't use them for professional purposes, just for comfort and everyday wear. Plenty of pockets, love the knife pocket on the right thigh area. Color stays, and there is very little wear (had them for two years)