460 S&W Magnum came home.

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Mark F, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

While cleaning out my ammo closet the other day I discovered I had lots of 45 Colt +P reloads and a big batch of +P++ cartridges charged up with H110. This ammo is way to hot for most revolvers and I've never had a 45 Colt rifle. At some point in my life I had a Freedom Arms 45 Colt BFR. Not wanting to get rid of the ammo, I just bought a 5" Smith & Wesson 460XVR. Not only will it handle the hot 45 Colts, it also shoots 454 Casull as well as the 460 Magnum rounds. I thought this was a great solution, my wife calls it an excuse to get another firearm. Either way, I'm a proud owner of another hand-cannon!

Attached Files:

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Very Nice! I bought my first 44 mag simply because I got dies and a bullet mold in a box full of stuff at a yard sale. I don't see as how you had any choice in the matter.

3. Mark F

Yes sir, there was no option. We are morally obligated to full fill any void in our compendium of firearms and associated components! Had you not bought that 44, you would have been plagued with self-wonder and doubt. I too was burdened with 44 dies and ended up getting a Colt Anaconda. Life is gooooood!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  4. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm going to start buying ammo in calibers I don't have guns for...

5. Mark F

Wise choice Grasshopper....

6. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I like it, you could actually holster that thing unlike my friends 8" .460.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I bought a 7mm Mauser Spanish short rifle because someone had given me 400 rounds of ammo. I found 9mm AR mags on sale at a ridiculous price, bought 4 and then had to get a 9mm AR. Make PERFECT sense to me

8. CaptMidnight

CaptMidnight New Member Supporter

Gees! I hope no one ever gives me a case of 75MM cannon rounds. I will never be able to afford a Sherman Tank. :D

9. Mark F

Sort of heavy to hang on a hip holster, maybe a shoulder holster?

10. CaptMidnight

CaptMidnight New Member Supporter

That is a fine revolver. When carried for defense against Brown Bears use an across the chest holster. Carrying any bear defense weapon on your belt is not a good choice.