.460 Rowland...Who shoots one?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by IGETEVEN, Sep 9, 2010.

1. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Who shoots a .460 Rowland? What are your thoughts? [​IMG]

I have shot the round and was very impressed with it's handling and accuracy on a 1911 steel frame. I have been thinking about a conversion kit slide to go on one of my springer 1911-A1's.

Opinions please. :)

460 Rowland Conversion Kits for your 1911

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Interesting. I had no idea that this was such a simple and cheap conversion. As I don't reload, ammo would be a factor, but it's tempting to set one up just because. That stainless Springer GI I just picked up would make a great candidate...

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Once I buy a stainless frame 1911 and the kit to convert it, I will be shooting one. It's going to take some time to make that happen though.

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

do it!!!!!!!!!! :d

5. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Just go out and get yourself a hunk of steel and mill out your own frame.:D

6. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Jack, my buddy bought the conversion kit from Brownells a few years ago.

We installed it on his Brazilian/stainless Colt hybrid with very minimal fitting.

It is a blast to shoot. He had a hard time getting brass for it for almost a year but ended up finding loaded ammo on line. It gets a lot of attention at the indoor range.

Cane has one, so maybe he will jump in.

7. NGIB

NGIB New Member

When my Sig .22 kit sells (posted it on the Sig forum this morning), I may just invest those $$$ in one of these kits. I need another caliber like I need a permanent case of the squirts - but it would be seriously cool.

Just looked and the Brownell's member price is $261.77 and they have them in stock...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  8. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Make a trade...You can do it!

9. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

NGIB ... and a trade ... inconceivable! :p

10. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I just PM'd Bear to confirm if my Foster/Caspian 1911 would be an OK platform...

11. NGIB

NGIB New Member

StalkingBear & I just struck a deal and a .460 Rowland kit is forthcoming. I'm going to install it on my Foster/Caspian hybrid and it should be a real hoot to shoot. I can't wait to see what one of these cannons will do to a bowling pin!

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Wait a moment, I believe I know a little bit about that .460 Rowland kit. :eek:

13. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Yup, this one has a great pedigree and I shall be gentle with it...

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Ah geez - Well, that one has been to Robar, so you are getting a coated unit, no need to worry about wear or corrosion. :eek:

You have a black or shiny frame? And you might want to eat another bowl of wheaties before you try compressing that damn spring. It's a workout.. LOL

15. NGIB

NGIB New Member

It's going on this one which is done in Gunkote. I'm actually considering sending it off to CCR for their parkerize plus treatment as there are a few bad spots. I also changed out the trigger on this one today with a black one as I think it looks better...

[​IMG]

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Sorry Jack, don't know how I missed this thread.

I can recommend the Rowland with as much faith as I did the GSG 1911-22.

And I think you will be equally satisfied!

OK all you recoil junkies, here's Mari-Kate shooting Fenrir.

All you 9 mike mike guys that say "I'm not comfortable with the 45 ACP recoil" eat your heart out!

[​IMG]

What a sweet shooter, 1600+/fps and almost 1,000 #/ft of energy!

I shoot a gun much better than a camera.