.460 Rowland - Double Stack Possible?

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by ccginc, Mar 4, 2009.

1. ccginc

ccginc New Member

Hi Neil,
    Since I know you're not the only one wanting double stack .460, I figured I'd make the discussion public. While we do make a .460 Rowland Ramped kit that will drop into your Para, sorry to say that we cannot guarantee it to function reliably on the wide body frames. The problem has been the inability of the magazine springs to keep up with cycle rate. If you wish to proceed, I suggest the heaviest magazine spring you can find and making the inside of your magazines as slick as possible.

Instead of hi-jacking dillinger & canebrake's build-off thread, thinking we ought to start a separate one for this topic. I'll start one and link to it in the next day or two (schedule allowing :)).

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Thank you VERY much! :)

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Done. and Done.

JD

4. stalkingbear

How is the recoil of your single stack Dillinger? What should MY creation be named??? The MAIN reason I want double stack so bad, other than to have 15 shots of .460 Rowland power, is simply because of my big paws being too big for good fit on conventional single stack 1911s. With single stack 1911, I have to put wrap around grips on them in order to fit my big hands. Double stack guns fit me MUCH better, especially after adding an long trigger and bigger grips. Sometimes being a bigger guy only means things don't fit & I'm a bigger target!:(:eek:

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Bear - I am working on my range report now, but I actually found that I going to get thinner grips because I want to be able to hold onto more real estate with this thing.

I have big hands too, probably not as large as yours though, and have preferred thicker, more bulbous grips on the single stack 1911. It just fit my hand better.

The muzzle break does a good job of managing recoil, plus it's all steel up front ( long with my whole weapon ) so there is some heft there. Mine weighs in at 1.9lbs unloaded.

I was posting yesterday that I thought an aluminum framed 1911, with +P, has a similiar kick to it, the difference is in the gas that vents out the top. I could actually feel it hitting the top of the booth and then coming back down on my hair... LOL

The round is a smoker and it REALLY gets people's attention. I have some plans for a real world test of the rounds abilities once I finish off the project and that will probably help some guys see what this round is really capable of.

I can tell you this, I would NOT want to get hit in the chest with thing, even with body armor on. The terminal transmission of energy would probably stop your heart. :eek:

JD

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

How about Boo Boo? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ccginc

ccginc New Member

That's hilarious. :D

8. stalkingbear

I can't see it being called bear's boo boo-sounds like I got a cut or sounds like my nasty region LMAO!!!

9. McNabb11b

McNabb11b New Member

How about Ursa or Ursidae?

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Or Major Ursa; reciprocal of Usra Major.

[​IMG]

Befiting of my bro stalkingbear! [​IMG]

11. stalkingbear

NOW we're getting somewhere! And yall KNOW that after I get my 15 shot monster done, you're going to HAVE to upgrade as well!:D

Yall make a person feel wanted or respected-either is fine with me but I'll choose respected if I have to pick. Ya can't like somebody unless you respect them.

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Awhaaaa does the teddy bear need a hug?

We respect you anyway but once you reach the "HOLY GRAIL" of one shot, one kill, why the f*** do you need 14 more?

You carry the water, I'll do a tactical reload!

Love ya bear! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Bear, I respect you! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Well, except for that whole owning a Para thing....:rolleyes:

JD

15. ccginc

ccginc New Member

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  16. stalkingbear

You would have to make me drool and restart my yearning for 1 all over again. :p Now I KNOW I have to have 1. Please feel free to contact me when yall start offering them (kits) for Paras again ok? By the way, I CAN do work on the platform if needed-been known to work on a gun or 2 in my time. Ask Dillinger what I mean. Neil

17. ccginc

ccginc New Member

We've got them now. Give us a call and we'll send you one.

18. ccginc

ccginc New Member

Recoil is very manageable. Video of me shooting a Kimber Custom II with Clark .460 Rowland Kit using Georgia Arms 185 JHP @ 1550 fps.

19. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Oooohhhh! You're screwed now 'Bear - you too have to join the .460 club... LOL

JD

20. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Bear??????????.................... [​IMG]