45ACP Range Ammo

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Sparky51, May 28, 2012.

1. Sparky51

Sparky51 New Member

Just purchased a 45 auto. Any recommendations on practice ammo. I use Winchester 9mm White Box for my 9.

Thanks

Sparky

2. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

WWB or Federal from Walmart seems to work well.

3. Sparky51

Sparky51 New Member

Great name. How did you come by it?

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Ummmm- The Sparky Forum is 3 pages over......:D

If you are not a reloader, the CHEAP aluminum cased Blazer .45 shoots very well in all of my 45s. Disgusting, but I have one 1911A1 that likes it better than anything else I have fed it.

Go figure.

5. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Any of the brands handled by Walmart do fine in my pistols & unless you find a really good sale on-line with freight paid, is probably about as cheap as you'll find. The Academy here has the Blazer, but price it too high.

6. G23LCPK45

G23LCPK45 New Member

What's scary is the last time I was at a range (last Friday) two guys begged me (aggressively) for 100 .45 brass casings. Winner offered to clean-up all my mess... Including 500 .22s, boxes, paper, and a couple of handfuls of .357 & .40. That was discussing, but I guess it was the green thing to do...?

7. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

Always given up my .44's at the range, maybe i should bag them myself and sell them? Nah!

8. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

Check sportsmansguide.com they have a lot of sales. If not Walmart brands work rather fine too.

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Walmart always has good price on WWB and federal, its where i always get my ammo

10. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I like the Winchester 185gr from Wal Mart.

11. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

If you are not a reloader the Herter brand sold by Cabelas works in all my 1911 Colts. I use it for shooting in the desert as most cases can not be found after firing anyway. It is steel case Berdan primed. I picked up a 500 round case at Lehi, Utah last month.;)

12. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

My husband like's Herter's too but he gets the aluminum casing.

13. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

The Walmart WWB and Federal are what I always shoot. Works just fine every time.