Firearms Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know of some guns that shoot 45 long colt and 410, but would it be possible to shoot 45 long colt out of a 410 single shot shotgun???

·
Administrator
26,464 Posts
No. The bore diameter of a .410 is less than .410- and even .410 is smaller than a .45 Colt bullet. Yes, you can find videos of people firing all sorts of stuff from a .410 on Youtube. Feel lucky? Please go down to the FAR end of the range where I will not be splashed by bits of your former .410, and body fluids.

Guns that are .45 Colt/ .410, like the Judge are bored for .45 Colt, and actually oversized for .410.

Once again, no.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
People do all kinds of crazy things...once.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I have cut the shot out of a 410 shell before and shot an aluminum arrow out of it...it actually kinda worked

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im surprised it didn't blow up!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAnbDvLIAac[/ame]

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Some people do crap like that for fun. I woulda shot the gun like it was meant to but dang that thing is in amazing condition after that.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Holy crap..I can't believe it held up...I bought a gun identical to that one yesterday for my little boy lol

·
Registered
859 Posts
Iraqveteran8888 has some vids of different bullets fired from a .410. None did any damage, including the .454 Cassull.
With that said, DO NOT TRY IT.
It's not safe, and we need all the forum members we can get.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't think we want members that stupid. They may infect others with their stupidity.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
I don't think we want members that stupid. They may infect others with their stupidity.
True, true.

Not a unreasonable question giving the guns that are MADE to fire both calibers these days----
If i were fairly new to such i might ask myself-
Stupid wud be doing it without asking--------------

·
Registered
859 Posts
HOSSFLY said:
Thats a bit harsh--
Not a unreasonable question giving the guns that are MADE to fire both calibers these days----
If i were fairly new to such i might ask myself-
Stupid wud be doing it without asking--------------
No, I'm not sayin the OP is stupid, I'm sayin that its not smart to try such a thing. I googled the exact same thing, before.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
I know of some guns that shoot 45 long colt and 410, but would it be possible to shoot 45 long colt out of a 410 single shot shotgun???
Can you ? (YES)............Should you ? (NO).........Here is why.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwKydDPY8Xo[/ame]

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
454 from a 410 ? That would be asking for injury.

Shoot only the cartridges printed on the firearm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts