Firearms Talk banner

45 Colts

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Daoust_Nat 
#1 ·
I got a call from a friend last week telling me about a pair of 3.5" ETR 45 Colt revolvers. Turns out these are consecutive SNS and both have a letter signed by Bob Munson attributing his tuning of both guns for the guy years ago. Both are birdshead grip and the actions are smoother than any that I have ever handled. I got to shoot them this weekend a a cowboy action practice session. Also have the double, fast draw holster rig. The guy was asking $750 for each and he let me have everything for $900.
This is the second time in 4 weeks that I have picked up 45 colt, birdshead grip short barreled revolvers for excellent prices. The first one about 4 weeks ago is a Ruger with the holster.

UF

#5 ·
corrections

The revolvers are EMF "Pinkerton" model 45LCs with birdshead grips. Tuned by the late, Bob Munden.
Thats what I get while trying to work from this old, worn out memory. Now I have the papers and can read the actual stuff. lol
Bob Wright, that is a beautiful collection. If I ever figure out how to post pics I will gather mine and post them here.
Would you be the same Bob Wright who went to school in Evanston Wyo. Just curious as the name is the same as the guy I graduated with in 61.

UF

#7 ·
I've had a number of Ruger SA .45 LC many years ago, great handguns, could be loaded to magnum levels. I also had more than a few Ruger Super Blackhawks until I graduated myself to a Redhawk .44 mag, I still think that Ruger SA revolvers are hard to beat for the price and how strongly built they are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.