.45 acp

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by deathvalley8250cal, Jul 2, 2012.

1. deathvalley8250cal

deathvalley8250cal New Member

Taurus pt 1911, aac tirant suppressor, 15rd extended mag, .230 green tracer or .230 subsonic hollow tip rounds (20-50 round box), magnetic laser sight. How much do you think all of that cost??

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Depends on exact model & condition of gun- Tell us about that-
    That other "stuff" really doesn't add (might even detract) to value-

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Taurus PT - 1911: About $750

Custom 1911 barrel long enough to accommodate suppressor threads: About $200

Gunsmith fine tuning to fit said barrel on said 1911 and put a decent trigger job on there: About $100-$200

.45 Cal Ti-Rant Suppressor: About $800, plus $200 tax stamp and 6 months of wait time on back ground check.

.45 caliber rounds are already subsonic (less than 1000fps) so a box of ammo is gonna cost you about $20-$25

15 round magazine - About $20

I had to Google what the hell a magnetic laser sight was, because I had never heard the term before. Apparently they are about $100

My math has you between $2250-$2350 not including tax. Start saving your pennies. ;)

JD

4. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

For $750 I'd get the Springer milspec and a little more ammo.

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

For that $2350 I'd get a couple of Colts and more ammo :eek:
    I sure wouldn't invest 2 grand + for a Taurus but thats just me :eek:

7. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

I wouldn't buy a Taurus for 500 bucks. Get a RIA, Metro Arms, or a SA loaded. I just got a loaded for 650 with only 200 rds through it and it has trijicon night sights for 650. Way better gun. The suppressor will run 450-700 + the 200 dollar tax. Takes about 4 weeks here in Ky. to get approved. I know the sherriff who has to approve it so might cut that time in half.:D

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I went with MSRP on Taurus because I figure this is all hypothetical.

I recently came into a used Taurus and with a little love and a couple of parts, turned it into one hell of a shooter. Benning carries it with him daily and has never had an issue with it.

Half the stigma about Taurus being unreliable is nothing more than Interwebz prejudice. They are producing in a state of the art CNC facility that is less than 10 years old. A couple of parts on the PT should be changed in my opinion, but they are a solid and reliable performer.

JD

9. zombiefox

zombiefox New Member

What would you change on the Taurus?

10. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Amen........

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

The Taurus came with a tongue and groove ambi safety that I didn't like. I don't like the ambi safety anyways, especially on a carry weapon which the one I reworked being designed to be. The safety can snag on clothing and unless you are left handed, you really don't need it.

The hollow Taurus Saf-T-Hammer is a known issue I was unaware of until an old member here mentioned it to me. I did some reading and decided to dump that as well. Nothing more than a nanny-state feel good piece that isn't needed on a weapon with three mechanical safeties on it. :cool:

Other than that, a good trigger job and I think the weapon is good to go. If you wanted to get serious you might consider an enhanced recoil spring and some high quality magazines like Tripps'.

I think the Taurus is an excellent value as it is and with a couple of mods makes for a hell of a nice pistol.

JD